Project Smokey and the Bandit Trans AM

nice car,u did all the work your self.
Most of the designing and lay out....It should be better than factory when I'm through with it...I'll have to custom cut the new headliner to fit...since they don't come pre cut for T-Tops...I have it laying across a bed in one of my spare big rooms because of how it was shipped to get all the wrinkles out

I'll have to custom cut the new headliner to fit...since they don't come pre cut for T-Tops...
Huh?

1978 - 1981 Headliners

ttop%20006-01.JPG

Sure looks precut to me!

Methinks you gotta do some research before you make blanket statements like that.

BTW: The headliner has been available pre-cut for a couple years now. I'll be ordering one for mine in a couple months. No sense storing it until April when I can install it - no garage to do installs in.

Huh?
1978 - 1981 Headliners

ttop%20006-01.JPG

Sure looks precut to me!

Methinks you gotta do some research before you make blanket statements like that.

BTW: The headliner has been available pre-cut for a couple years now. I'll be ordering one for mine in a couple months. No sense storing it until April when I can install it - no garage to do installs in.
I see they have some now...when I bought mine they wern't available....I'm still leaning towards black...even though the original headliner was tan....so I may order a black one....since my car is one of only 2084 made....I'm not sure if I should change interior color or not...I can put the tan solid one I bought in storage for a future project

I built the box in the trunk of my '79. So, I could have the subs resting flush with the rear deck. I can tell you that the smallish interior helps the botom end, a lot. You would not need a 15". I used 2 Boston Acoustic Pro 10.4's, in a sealed box. Two Orion amps (HCCA 250, for the mids/HCCA 225 for the subs). Yamaha deck. Alpine 11 band eq. Sounded dam nice for the small system that it was.

I think that amp you're looking to use will be very nice.

BTW, which engine, under the hood? Mine was a 403.

I built the box in the trunk of my '79. So, I could have the subs resting flush with the rear deck. I can tell you that the smallish interior helps the botom end, a lot. You would not need a 15". I used 2 Boston Acoustic Pro 10.4's, in a sealed box. Two Orion amps (HCCA 250, for the mids/HCCA 225 for the subs). Yamaha deck. Alpine 11 band eq. Sounded dam nice for the small system that it was.
I think that amp you're looking to use will be very nice.

BTW, which engine, under the hood? Mine was a 403.
This one is a 80 the 301 was the biggest engine option...my 79 has a 403......are there any mods to make the rear seat fold down ?...I haven't really looked

The only mods, are the ones you make. I suppose you could do it with a ton of work, but I didn't try.

As for the engine, you could fit a 350 or 400 Pontiac in there, instead. Not sure what kind of value hit you might take, though. Only classic car shows care. ...or collectors. Though, I think the 301 was the odd sized block. All other Pontiac V-8's were pretty interchangeable. But, the 301 didn't have anything in common with it's bigger siblings. Since you didn't have the turbo hood, it looks like you have a normally aspirated 301. Just my view, I'd put a larger engine in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.