Project Smokey and the Bandit Trans AM

I have a 81 Z28 with 176,000 miles on it and I'll tell you that that a TA that old with less than 50k on it is rare indeed. Definitely hold on to it. With a car that old you should first consider the obvious maintenance issues before moving on to stereo. The entire suspension should be looked at by a professional to determine what parts are worn out. The same goes for the brakes and every rubber hose on the car. As far as the stereo goes forget putting 4 12" subs in the trunk. They simply won't fit. You could squeeze 2 12s or 1 15 in the rear deck provided its aperiodic, infinite baffle, or sealed. I am building a system right now in my 81 Z28 that will be about 1300 RMS running 4-way active. The system will be controlled with a carputer running a Delta 1010LT sound card. I have at least 3 months left on the build.

Good luck to you. You have a beautiful car and I look forward to following you progress.

I have a 81 Z28 with 176,000 miles on it and I'll tell you that that a TA that old with less than 50k on it is rare indeed. Definitely hold on to it. With a car that old you should first consider the obvious maintenance issues before moving on to stereo. The entire suspension should be looked at by a professional to determine what parts are worn out. The same goes for the brakes and every rubber hose on the car. As far as the stereo goes forget putting 4 12" subs in the trunk. They simply won't fit. You could squeeze 2 12s or 1 15 in the rear deck provided its aperiodic, infinite baffle, or sealed. I am building a system right now in my 81 Z28 that will be about 1300 RMS running 4-way active. The system will be controlled with a carputer running a Delta 1010LT sound card. I have at least 3 months left on the build.
Good luck to you. You have a beautiful car and I look forward to following you progress.
I have a Classic Car show this weekend ...I'm gonna drive the 80 Trans AM too....I'm also taking my 79 Z28...after the car show I'm getting ready to strip the TA down and put a fresh coat of paint on her....Hopefully she will shine like new once again...I am leaning towards the 77 style bird on the hood ...opposed to the 80 model multi color gold bird....

What i would like to see is a pic of all these cars together..........................bet it doesn't happen though, lol.
I took these pics at a local car show today.....You can see 7 of my rides in one pic.....front row the Trans Am....the Porsche 911....the Subaru Brat....The 79 Z/28 and my MGB GT on the back row is my 08 Wrangler and 06 Saleen Mustang....The bottom pic is my 76 Stingray Corvette a couple of cars down from my others....So this is about half my rides together today......

018.jpg

019.jpg

I can honestly say that dave does own many very rare and nice cars. He has a Grand National that is just drop dead sexy. Hell even with the layer of dust sitting on her she was still a rare treat to see. He does seem to have about 30 projects going on at one time lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.