Project 626

Well after a week of rain I finally got a chance to do some more work. I almost have this thing ready to pound the siht out of his Mazda.

I have all the speaker wires run and one set of tweeters wired and installed on the dash. The other set are installed in the door panels. I will get picts of them sometime today. I put the crossovers under the seats, no room under the dash. I have never worked under a dash board that was so packed tightly full of stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I have the door pods all painted up and drying in the shed. Should be able to mount them on the door panels and install them on the doors today.

Also reinstalled all the interior except the door panels..

Then finaly got the box slid in the trunk. It barely squeezed in there and I buggered up the paint in a few places, oh well. It looks good though and now I just have to figure out where to install the amps. I may have to mount the MOJO on the back of the box because there is no room left. 4 cubes looks a lot bigger in the trunk than it did in the shop.

I think I can fit the Alpine on the left side. Need to do some more head scratching.

3521772472_40ae63aae1_o.jpg

3521772506_c14ca87e4d_o.jpg

Got some MOJO in the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

3521772432_0418f6b6fc_o.jpg

3521772386_93441affc3_o.jpg

3521772316_b543247f2a_o.jpg

One quick question. I was reading yesterday on here about the Big 3 again and see I did something wrong, well sort of. My block ground isn't going to the chassis, I ran it to the negative battery terminal instead. Don't know where I read to do that. I read thru a lot of threads here and couldn't come up with a definitive answer as to whether this is acceptable. The wire is bolted directly to the wire I ran from the negative terminal to the chassis so technically its connected to the chassis too.

Should I leave it alone or undo it and bolt it to the chassis somewhere else?

Man, that box and those front doors look fantastic!

***** to hear you are having such a time running wires through the doors, but trust me, many, many people run into the same thing. I just spliced into my factory and used a 3m connector to run tweeter wires of off and works like a gem. Besides I only have one set and off about 60rms, so no reason for bigger wire. In your case you need to do so for sure with more than one set.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see some more pics!

***** to hear you are having such a time running wires through the doors, but trust me, many, many people run into the same thing. I just spliced into my factory and used a 3m connector to run tweeter wires of off and works like a gem. Besides I only have one set and off about 60rms, so no reason for bigger wire. In your case you need to do so for sure with more than one set.
I went to the hardware store and picked up 4 3/4" grommets. I had a piece of flexible airconditioning drain line from a furnace at work. Put a grommet on each end and glued them on with silicone. Ran the wires thru the tube and mounted them to the jamb and doors. Worked pretty good and looks like the car came that way. After seeing the Molex in the drivers door I know I would have never been able to drill thru it without fing it totally up.

As a father, you are full of win //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I have seen a few others here on the site too.

This is a fun change of events for me.

Son gets a job, saves his money, buys a car and pays to get it inspected, repaired and put on the road.

Dad gets a wild hair up his ass and installs a 2500 watt system in Sons car to destroy it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Now thats some family fun.

Usualy its my siht getting destroyed around here. Kids are brutal.

I have seen a few others here on the site too.
This is a fun change of events for me.

Son gets a job, saves his money, buys a car and pays to get it inspected, repaired and put on the road.

Dad gets a wild hair up his ass and installs a 2500 watt system in Sons car to destroy it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Now thats some family fun.

Usualy its my siht getting destroyed around here. Kids are brutal.
They're full of win too. The build looks really nice. I bought one of those cheap motorcycle amps off of eBay, I plan on powering some cheap 6.5 comps on my sons Viper powerwheel. He will be coolest 3 year old on the block //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

They're full of win too. The build looks really nice. I bought one of those cheap motorcycle amps off of eBay, I plan on powering some cheap 6.5 comps on my sons Viper powerwheel. He will be coolest 3 year old on the block
Post that build log for sure. I would love to see that. Maybe go all out and add an air ride to it and get some 3 wheel motion goin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Its ALIVE!

Dont have the gains set properly yet but even with them set conservatively it Fcuking pounds.

We havent been to any shows yet so I have never heard a seriously loud system. This is without a doubt the loudest system I have ever heard though. Puts my truck and its wimpy 10" and 600 watts to shame.

Now I cant wait till we can get another sub with D4 or D1 coils to match the amp or an amp with 2500 watts at 1 ohm that matches the sub so we can really get this thing shaking. Im still tempted to just wire the sub to 1 ohm and let it rip, cross my fingers and hope we dont smoke the amp.

Finished picts and vids coming tomorrow. Ran out of daylight and its been raining on and off here all day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.