Professional opinions needed about installation/electrical ugrades!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban. I have 2 15 inch Kicker CompVRs powered by a Kicker ZX 1500.1 amplifier. I am having a problem with my system cutting out. I have already fried the MOSFETs in the amp once. I know that my problem is that I'm not getting enough power to my amp. So my question is what is my best option/s to increase my electrical supply to my amp so I can see how hard my system can truly hit. I would also like someone's opinion on making the choice between a Super Bass Pro Box or a Custom built box that will be designed and constructed to the actual specifications recommended by Kicker.

Get the custom box you'll be better off The electrical needs a ho alt. 200 amp + and an extra battery even a small one. Our trucks stock electrical sux

start with the big 3 and then go from there. a 1500w amp is not a huge strain on a stock electrical system once you factor in rise. Also make sure you have the settings correct. An incorrectly set gain can cause many issues

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.