problems with setup

yes that would be one way to do it. that way you can make sure everything is working properly and also if you have a way use a diff power source besides your car. and run a set of rca's also from a diff source. basically your benchtesting the amp before puttin back in your car. also let it run for a lil while it may not be a right away thing if it is bad.
i have no way to do it other than my car i dont think. for testing, would any rca's work? ie like ones on my tv?

ok this is whats up. just did some testing. some how, twice, the speaker wire fell off of both of my fronts. twice. whats the odds of that?

also, i tested all the channels, they all work so the amps good. tested one of the front speakers and it worked, so those are good too. heres the wierd thing: when the hifi amp isnt plugged in (the wires plugged in the distroblock but not at the amp end) the aq amp wont turn on mostly. but if the hifi amp is plugged it it will. do both connections have to be secure in a distroblock for any power to go across?

and now, for some reason, the amp wouldent even turn on. like i was shoving the power wire in it, and it would catch for a tenth of a second but by then id have already moved the wire trying to get it to catch. it was working easily earlier, but for some reason now it wasent.

so this has to be a wiring problem right? the amp seemed to be working and so did the front speakers

ok this is whats up. just did some testing. some how, twice, the speaker wire fell off of both of my fronts. twice. whats the odds of that?
also, i tested all the channels, they all work so the amps good. tested one of the front speakers and it worked, so those are good too. heres the wierd thing: when the hifi amp isnt plugged in (the wires plugged in the distroblock but not at the amp end) the aq amp wont turn on mostly. but if the hifi amp is plugged it it will. do both connections have to be secure in a distroblock for any power to go across?

and now, for some reason, the amp wouldent even turn on. like i was shoving the power wire in it, and it would catch for a tenth of a second but by then id have already moved the wire trying to get it to catch. it was working easily earlier, but for some reason now it wasent.

so this has to be a wiring problem right? the amp seemed to be working and so did the front speakers
You got pics of this?

Yeah, sounds like you figured it out. You're lucky the wires that fell off the speakers didnt short out and fry the amp. They might have been touching something and that was making the amp go into protect mode.

huh?

ok basically, the amps working fine. so are the speakers.

the wierd thing is, when the hifonics amp is not plugged in power wise, the aq amp wont turn on (will occasionally) but if the hifonics amp is plugged in, it will. it wasent like this at first, randomly started doing this. also the hifonics amp wouldent turn on easy. like the wire would be in the amp but no power. once again, this was all the sudden. maybe my luck got bad so ill try it again in the morning to see if it suddenly works.

do you have any clue as to why both front speakers would get disconnected at the same time, twice?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.