problem with subs exerting each other out in wall

phemps
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
i just walled my car with 8 tens. the box is sealed and the box is a little bigger than the recomended net volume for the subs. when i turn it up to a certain level the subs start to move at different time and go out of control. is this unloading? is the improperbox size causing this? its not too much bigger than recomended

either having some phase issues or you wired some of them out of polarity with the others.

is it always the same ones in the same position in the wall?

Are the sub woofers all wired correctly?
theyre in series parralllel and im pretty sure theyre all in phase. it only happens when i start to turn it up more

Also, what is recced size and what did you make it to?
recomended is .75 and id have to do the math but it came out to around .9 something net per sub i believe

theyre in series parralllel and im pretty sure theyre all in phase. it only happens when i start to turn it up more
You need to pop the wall with a batt, series/parallell is easy to screw up, esp with that many subs. I did it with 8 dvc 8's, and you gotta watch what you doing

You need to pop the wall with a batt, series/parallell is easy to screw up, esp with that many subs. I did it with 8 dvc 8's, and you gotta watch what you doing
ok good idea ill try it. i def see how i could have messed it up casuse the wiring was pretty intense i took my time but who knows i could have messed up. but is there even a way to accidently screw up polarity in a series parallel circuit without changing the final ohmm load? i thought i had it down

ok good idea ill try it. i def see how i could have messed it up casuse the wiring was pretty intense i took my time but who knows i could have messed up. but is there even a way to accidently screw up polarity in a series parallel circuit without changing the final ohmm load? i thought i had it down
All you have to do is switch 1 neg and pos around, and you screw the whole thing up, and sometimes it wont affect final ohm load if you reverse it

All you have to do is switch 1 neg and pos around, and you screw the whole thing up, and sometimes it wont affect final ohm load if you reverse it
alright i have to see if i have a battery laying around

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.