Problem with Resonant Engineering Order

jleecong
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Here is the story. I placed an order with RE around July 20th for two 10" SEs. I was told it would be 2-3 weeks and my credit card would be billed just before they shipped. I would be able to get a tracking number once my CC was billed. To my surprise my CC was billed July 22 and I was excited and called and received a tracking number. The tracking number shows up in the FedEx database as being received July 26, but they are waiting to receive the item from RE.

I waited till around the 5th to call and see what was going on. RE was very nice and said he had the shipping info up front and they should be shipped that day or Friday (same thing I was told when I called and received the tracking number the previous week). It's now Tuesday and FedEx says they still haven't received anything. Is this normal? I thought it was standard practice to not charge a customer till the item is being shipped in case of problems obtaining or producing the item ordered. Now I've got a bill to pay for subs but no subs even on the way.

I don’t mind waiting. I do mind being told the wrong thing or mislead.

I thought it was standard practice to not charge a customer till the item is being shipped in case of problems obtaining or producing the item ordered. Now I've got a bill to pay for subs but no subs even on the way.
I don’t mind waiting. I do mind being told the wrong thing or mislead.
Hmmmmm......where have I heard this story before................

I had the same problem with my dual 1ohm xxx15. Don't worry they will come. RE is becoming pretty popular and they are swamped. They are a 1st class company with the best customer/tech support I have EVER experienced. So keep on them, but be forgiving. By the way when the subs do come, you'll be telling yourself "It was worth every second of the wait" For the $ they can't be beat.

I had the same problem with my dual 1ohm xxx15. Don't worry they will come. RE is becoming pretty popular and they are swamped. They are a 1st class company with the best customer/tech support I have EVER experienced. So keep on them, but be forgiving. By the way when the subs do come, you'll be telling yourself "It was worth every second of the wait" For the $ they can't be beat.
x2

David smells....like feet.

hmmmm,......maybe they will get hated on FOR THE SAME REASON ED WAS AT FIRST! oh wait no.....people like david they would never do such a thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif yes my shipping was late.....and yes i had MINOR problems and then my sub didnt work right. i called Mark at RE and he was very helpful.....but i still had problems with the delivery/quality of the product.

funny....its seems like they are always "swamped" i've been hearing that for the past year...
Like they're making excuses //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

You and I both don't know if they're actually swamped, but there's been more than one person that is affiliated with, or works for, the company state that they still have tons of e-mails to go through and calls to return.

I in no way agree with charging a customer before the product has been shipped, and am in no way backing RE's actions if that is the case at hand.

- Steve

fact is they charged them BEFORE shipping.......thats not why eD was bashed at first????? as far as business it is BAD business. just like stated in all eD hate threads......the company name doesnt change the fact of it being right or wrong.

Thanks for all the input.

Not trying to hate. I've been very happy and am sure I could call right now and get a "We are working on it. It will be shipping today or tomorrow.", but that doesn't help me know when they are going to be in. I need the truth not a make me happy answer.

My main complaint is having paid a long time before the item shipped. I've personally have had some talks with people because of similar situation. If a item is not in stock don't charge me for it, period. What happens if I call and cancel my order because I want another set of subs now (waited my 2-3 weeks). I now would have to wait for a credit to be applied making it take more time. Charging a customer for a item before you physically have it sitting in front of you isn't a good practice and will only cause problems.

fact is they charged them BEFORE shipping.......thats not why eD was bashed at first?????

No, it's not. People got on here complaining about the preorder thingy which is entirely different. This guy hasn't had his order in(with card charged) for months now has he. He hasn't been getting the run-around or "phoney" reasons as to why his product cannot even be built, let alone shipped.

People were complaining about the preorder status from eD when others who have had had some raw dealings with Ben, decided to le people hear their opinions on him.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.