problem with my new ia 40.1

got it working. 2 bad sets of rcas FTL. both bad sets were jl and brand new kicker. the ones that worked, scochse from walmart:wow: go figure

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
yeah i was at walmart getting some groceries and saw some rcas on clearence. i was like "what the hell, its only $5" come to find out, my $5 rcas are better then my $30 ones. i need a refund

I don't believe in buying high dollar RCAs BTW. I use Cat 5e cable to carry up to 4 channels. I usually use 2 wires for R, 2 wires for L, 2 wires for ground, and 2 wires for REM to the amp.

you will love that amp. if you give her plenty of current she will deliver in a big way. i wish i could find someone that wanted to do a trade. i have a stetsom 7k2d that i would like to trade for another 40.1.

( the stetsom amps are nice amps but to get the real power out of them you really need to run them at higher voltage)

so i just went and picked up my new to me ia 40.1. i was installing it and had all the power wires and rcas and everything hooked up. i went to set the gain with my dmm and i had no output voltage. tried my other dmm and same result. my hu only has 1 rca out for the subwoofer so maybe this is the problem? i havent had a problem with my old amps so i dont know. i switched rcas and still couldnt get a reading. has anyone else had this kind of problem?
ill try to get a y splitter for the rca and see if that helps in the morning.

EDIT: no problem now
and this is why I hate sell things without people seeing it work first

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.