Problem with my Kicker

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drago
10+ year member

New York
I have a Kicker 600.4, its a 75x4 @ 4 ohm amp. The problem is that only 3 channels of this amp work. When i hook up a speaker to the 4th channel,there is a little spark when i connect the speaker, then the speaker makes like a tearing sound for about a second, and then a little bit of smoke comes out of the speaker. The speakers also has a burnt smell by the spider or the voice coil (cant tell which it is). The speaker then doesn't work, plays no music. I know its not the speakers because i went through about 4 speakers. I just bought the **** thing online, so i dont think i have a warranty. Does anybody have any clue as to what the hell is the matter with this amp, and how can i get this thing fixed. Thanks guys

Look on the forums...this problem happens ever now and again. Too bad you bought it online because if not you could just send it to kicker to have them fix the broken channel. (Atleast i assume that is the problem)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.