Problem with Alpine 9857

Participant count
  • Participant list

SirClay
10+ year member

President
Texas
So, I just installed my new Alpine 9857. Everything works great on it except...I can not adjust the level of my sub at all. The sub is playing...loud...but I can't turn it up or down. Any suggestions? Could I have connected two wrong cables or something?

P.s. the sub worked perfect on the last alpine head unit. I bet there is just some stupid setting that i am missing.

What exactly is happening: are you unable to bring up the sub volume control settings, or can you adjust the volume control settings and it just doesn't affect the sub?

Are your Audio cables hooked into the sub preout?? You should be able to check the settings to enable a sub. Set LP crossover if you need it. Then the sub volume should be under the menu where bass, treble, bal, fade are. Im not to familiar with this specific unit, then you can install a pot in your dash to adjust the volume of the sub.

I am able to bring up the sub volume control settings. When I adjust it, I go move it up all the way to 15 and the sub plays just as hard as when its at 0. Even on the HU when I turn the sub off, it is still playing at the same level. Maybe I accidently hooked the audio cables to something else in the back...but I figured if I did, that they wouldn't play at all.

It sounds like you did hook the RCA cables to the wrong outputs. If you connected it to the front or the rear outputs, they would still play, but wouldn't be affected by the subwoofer volume control. To find out, use the fader control to fade all the way to the front, then all the way to the back. If you fade all the way forward and the subs die off, then you're connected to the rear outputs, and vice versa.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.