Problem with 2 Sundown amps overheating...

Trace each wire back to the source and confirm that your plugged in correctly. Sounds like something with the ground or a mixed up wire (or pair of wires).

I love this sundown tech. support straight from the owner //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Unheard of really. You usually well get really good tech support and an ok product, or a good product with tech support that is really hard to get ahold of. Very few companies left that have great tech support AND a great product.

I'm guessing this is why sundown is doing so well.

my sundown gets extremly hot after using it, but i have a hatchback and its mounted ontop of the box in sunlight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif , but i do have 20% tint

Indeed - simply start by checking the ground connection and measuring the DC supply voltage.
Will do. Besides visually checking the physical ground connection, what is the best way to check electrically. Do I check if there is a voltage difference between the grounding wire on the amp and the true ground all the way at the battery? Or do I just check to see that the voltage between ground and power at my amp is the same as ground and power at the battery?

Thanks for your help.

Just wanted to update everyone that it was indeed a grounding issue and the amps are fine. They run very cool now. Thank you Jacob and others who offered their help.

Just wanted to update everyone that it was indeed a grounding issue and the amps are fine. They run very cool now. Thank you Jacob and others who offered their help.
No problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for the followup. I intend to buy a refurbed 1000D soon so I was keeping a close eye on this thread.

And as expected, Jacob's customer service was off the charts.....MAJOR kudos!

I haven't even bought a Sundown amp yet and I consider myself a loyal customer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.