Problem I can't seem to diagnose

Participant count
  • Participant list

MOTU
10+ year member

ontario
Recently My two front speakers have begun to short out at lower volumes when going over bumps. I figured it was just a loose wire either from the deck or from the amp. Checked all of those connections and can't quite fix the problem. I'm think there is either a problem with the RCA cables, the audio out on the deck or the amp itself. It's unlikely that it is an individual wire since both speakers are going out at the same time.

Any thoughts?

check your RCA's and your groud wires it could be that if not them see if your amp is overheating or going into protect if so them figure out why other than that i'm stumped

how long do you lose audio? and if you have two amps do the highs come back before the lows or vice versa? Does it scratch alot when going out or coming back (the audio)

Sorry I haven't responded, I've been at school all day.

Anyway, to answer some of your questions: It is a 4 channel amp. Two channels are running my fronts (the ones that are shrting out) and the other two channels are bridged and running my sub. My sub never cuts out, only the speakers. The time that the speakers are cut out varies depending the volume level and how bumpy the ride is. Sometimes they go out until I hit another bump. Both the high and low for the speakers goes out at the same time. If by 'scratchy' you mean distorted as they go in and out, then yes they do sound scratchy as they go in and out.

Thank you for all you responses and help.

I'm thinking it's probably not the speaker wire since both are going out at once, but I'll check the RCAs this weekend. Kinda *****...it's been -10 C the last few days. Tearing everything apart is going to be fun.

Thanks for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.