Problem getting amp/subs to right volume

Participant count
  • Participant list

n3wt
10+ year member

Ok so I have an Eclipse cd1200g hu, 2x DC lvl 4 12's in a ported box powered by a MB Quart ONX1.1500D.

To get the amp/subs to really bump I have to turn the bass boost on the amp and the headunit up, which makes the music sound crappy sometimes.

The head-unit doesn't have a sub out and I can't see any adjustment for the line out in the HU Manual. I have the level control on the amp all the way up. The HU only has 2v preamp's is that just not enough?

ok... have you tried turn the amp all the way down and turning the HU to the volume you like riding around to then adjust the amp to that volume...

also check gains, set with DMM to proper voltage in AC volts. the calculation is square root of (rms wattsXohms). IE:500 rms watts time 4 ohms =2000 square root of 2000=44.7 volts AC. do this with radio turned up to NORMAL listening volume playing a 50hz test tone and dmm connected to the + and - terminals of amp. test with dmm in AC voltage

if its still not "loud" enough. then your probably expecting too much out of your system.

also do not use any bass boost etc. all your going to do is send your sub a clipped signal. clipping=burnt subs. (improperly adjusted gain is just as bad)

the level 4's are rated at what, 1000w? they could prob take 1500 daily no problem, but you're only running 750w each. first of all, turn down all your bass boosts and set your gain like the guy said above. if that still doesn't do much, you may need to upgrade your amp. 2,500w would push those pretty well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.