pre amp volts

Participant count
  • Participant list
well, generally speaking the higher the voltage the higher you are off the noise floor...

so if you area adding extra amps, (subs, seps) then the higher the voltage, the celarer the signal youar esending to the amp to be magnified and then in turn be sent to the speaker.....

basically, better SQ, less static... most of the time...

once you get to ta certain point, like 5V i think, you are so high off the noise florr that an 8V preout wont make any difference, except ion the wallet...

4V is great if you want to no hissing...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I just bought an Alpine R-A75M for my sub woofers, and later plan on adding the Alpine R-A60F. My plan was to wire these with 3 sets of RCAs; one...
yeah that, just as long as your amp can take the voltage. I have an orion amp that maxes input voltage at 4V.
Sounds like you need new coils. My Explorer with three 15's, appropriate birch box, fully sound-deadened interior, and a boat behind it does not...
Ive competed in car audio since 1991 and unless something is faulty in the amp and its staying on all the time it wont drain your batteries ..the...

About this thread

Killa sin

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Killa sin
florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date