Powerbass XA3000D Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

RT_MAG
10+ year member

MICHIGAN
What up Fellas,

I'm running to 9500 15s at 1 ohm. seems as if every time I turn my radio up past 10-11 or attempt to turn my eq up the amp shuts off then comes back on after a few minutes... But with the eq bass settings rite above 0 its fine at volume 10.

you check all your connections? what electrical upgrades have you done? what size wire are you running. those amps take some juice, but I haven't heard of anyone having problems with them unless you try to strap them

I ran this same setup with out a flaw with my rockford t1500.

Factory Battery n my 05 magnum, vmax 2000 charge tank battery, n a rockford 10 fared power cap

I have 4 gauge power chaser from battery to battery, 4 gauge ground from vmax battery. Then 0 gauge power from vmax to rockford cap then 4 from cap to amp.

Also have a 600 watt inside amp

Believe no more than half when I checked, I read that somewhere else to.

But Wat I noticed before I sold my rockford was that my dash had start dimming again unlike when I first hooked my cap up. Which was like a week after I got the vmax battery. Vmax like a year old now, maybe.

And my car battery had hella corrosion on the negative terminal.

Think I found the problem.

Finally got a hold of my ohm meter and it was auto ranging btw .5-1.2 ohms the first reading then I switched positive n negative and it btw .3-1.5 ohms

So I'm guessing the amp is reading .5 ohms which is unstable

Any Suggestions???

I have the same amp and I have it backed up by a 200amp h/o alt and 3 optimas... You need a lot bigger alt, and at least 1 more battery... Those amps can run .5 all day if you can back it up with enough electrical

Yea I seen them alt for about 4-500 bucks for my magnum.

So what do you recommend battery wise? Currently just have the factory battery and a vmax ct2000.

And I still have a pioneer double din and 2 11" headrest to install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.