PowerAcoustik A2400DB problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

vanman6789
10+ year member

PA
I just got a used A2400DB amp to replace my current amp. I wired everything up with my current 2AWG power/ground wire and remote and hooked up the RCAs into the input area of the amp. Essentially, the exact way I have my current amp wired that I am replacing with the A2400DB, nothing switched, made sure (+) and (-) wires are correct and grounds are clean. I cannot get the amp to move my subs now. The green power light turns on on the amp and I can hear the fan spinning or something turning/powering on in the amp (a slight buzzing/humming noise) so I assume that's the cooling fan. The guy I bought it from didn't have any remote knob with the amp which I didn't think was that big of a deal cause I control the bass mostly from my HU with my current amp anyway. Plus, I'd like as few wires as I have to run as possible.

Right now there's two current problems that I'm thinking are the culprit. It's either the bass knob missing not letting me turn up the bass in the amp or it's that my in-line power wire fuse is 60amps. The total fuses on the amp are 120amps. I was thinking if the subs would get power for just a second, the in-line fuse would maybe blow or work for a second for the sake of making sure the amp works. All fuses are NOT blown at this moment.

Any suggestions??

Subs wired at 2 ohms and tried just one sub at 4ohms.

W3011 sub(s)

Thanks!

you should be able to get the subs to move even with a 60a fuse, its just at some point you will blow the fuse if you turn it up too much... im not sure of much else sorry good luck

you should be able to get the subs to move even with a 60a fuse, its just at some point you will blow the fuse if you turn it up too much... im not sure of much else sorry good luck
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I should be able to get the subs to move at low volumes just to make sure the amp works fine. I'll buy another fuse if I get the amp working right to match the fuses on the amp but I don't want to waste money if that's not the culprit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.