Question on setting gain

Participant count
  • Participant list

87linkin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alabama
Ok, I am about to set my gain with dmm.

I have a mono block amp but it has 2 sets of speaker terminals. When I set the gain it don't matter which + and - I stick the dmm leads to does it? After all they are connected internally.

I am after 3500 watts. My amp Will be at .5 ohm. I will just turn my gain up until I see 41.83 volts ac right? Is that what i'm looking for?

Setting the DMM to AC (Alternating Current) means it doesn't matter where the + and - leads are located. Unless you are playing a test tone, just be prepared for the readout to be jumpin' all over the place. And if you are playing a test tone, don't start with it cranked all the way up or you are gonna fry somethin' right quick. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Also, refer to the amp manual as to the highest voltage reading based on the impedence of the driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.