Power wire runs under the car?

been doing it outside the car for years when building street/drag cars. As mentioned just make sure it's VERY secure, so it doesn't rub anywhere. And don't be afraid to check on things now and then to make sure it hasn't come loose anywhere. You'll be fine...

i would just use duct tape. what do these folks know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Looks the same as mine! Of course I have a Silverado but used a lot of the same Knu stuff as you. Nice! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

By the by, I always place the black ridged covering on ALL my wiring that runs in the engine compartment or under my truck, and yes, both 4 gauge power wires running from my Kinetik to both amps in my center console run under the truck and up through a factory grommet in the passenger side floorboard. Way easier than trying to go through the firewall. I simply followed stock wiring down past the fender well and along the frame rail. Easy peasy. Covered it. Taped off the ends and caulked the hell outta the grommet area in the floorboard, both inside and out.

is that really necessary? are you 14?
anyways, the car i have now had wire ran under it when i bought it. its wrapped in plastic wire loom and is zip tied. about a year ago a few of the ties broke (im guessing ice/snow during winter hitting it) so i bought some stainless steel ties from HD. it worries me but after 3 years its still just fine.
Just don't reply to me you fucking ****. I was joking OBVIOUSLY. Pull your boyfriend's dick out of your ass, and chill out. If I didn't want to help the guy I wouldn't have responded to this thread, or took the time to search for the thread he was looking for.

Just don't reply to me you fucking ****. I was joking OBVIOUSLY. Pull your boyfriend's dick out of your ass, and chill out. If I didn't want to help the guy I wouldn't have responded to this thread, or took the time to search for the thread he was looking for.

You know whats funny, even though that helped however, that was not the tread I was looking for, lol.

But, again thanks for the feedback gentlemen, my path is clear now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

serious on water hose? i got a black one laying around.... and im debating on running wires under car..
Well, that will sure as hell protect it but I've used the black ribbed crap for years and never had a problem...unless you have a truck you drive off road pretty frequently there is very little chance you are going to have any issues even if you didn't protect the wire with anything.

Sometimes you just can't run big wire under the carpet, so it's either above the carpet, or under the chassis, you pick //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I've seen up to 6 0awg wires through cars more than once. You can do it!

I have seen an under-car run once. Made sure it was not on the underside so if the car bottomed out anywhere, and it was done using metal electrical conduit pipe, the proper way.

IIRC Ngsm13 ran a few runs of 1/0 under his truck, he did a good job too. Can't remember the thread though, I would look up his threads on his profile.

For the noise, have you already checked your RCA's and grounds? A cap might help too, they don't do anything for the electric, but I have heard they filter noise. I may be wrong, but it's worth a try.

Run it through a water hose under the car, ziptie it upclose to the chassis and youll be good.
Innovative idea. But I don't know how far this will withstand for wear and tear!!??....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

IIRC Ngsm13 ran a few runs of 1/0 under his truck, he did a good job too. Can't remember the thread though, I would look up his threads on his profile.
For the noise, have you already checked your RCA's and grounds? A cap might help too, they don't do anything for the electric, but I have heard they filter noise. I may be wrong, but it's worth a try.

I have checked the RCAs and replaced them a couple of times with some better quality models, plus my ground is pretty solid. My car honestly has not been the same since they did the work on it, my windshield wipers started to act crazy the other night.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.