Possibly bought a bad amp?

yes, very sure its at 4 ohm. head unit settings are good. i just swap amps. had the hifonics, just took it out and put the zx. the hifonics pushed it very well. everything shaking in car. i mean the bass boost wasnt even turned up almost. just a little bit to see what happens. cause the amp wont push the sub like its supposed to. kicker amps dont have much knobs on it. only 3 ..x-over, gain, bass boost. thats it.
We dont care what the Hifonics has on it. We need to know what you have the subs wired to. Check with a DMM.

Not good enougb electrical also just because his friend had a zx2500 on one batt of the same kind doesnt mean jack that amp is a current hog you need two big fuxin batts

but i mean, it should at least do SOMETHING. not BIG, but just SOMETHING. i hear no bass now! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

If you had the sub wired at 4 ohms on the hifonics you probably had the gain and bass boost way up to make it shake everything. It was probably clipping all the time too.

the gain and x-over was JUST like that. the boost was 1/4 up..but u said turn it down so i turned it down..but the gain was just like that.

yes, very sure its at 4 ohm. head unit settings are good. i just swap amps. had the hifonics, just took it out and put the zx. the hifonics pushed it very well. everything shaking in car. i mean the bass boost wasnt even turned up almost. just a little bit to see what happens. cause the amp wont push the sub like its supposed to. kicker amps dont have much knobs on it. only 3 ..x-over, gain, bass boost. thats it.

how do you know your headunit settings are "good" if you dont even know what clipping is or how to set a gain

leave bass bass boost and all that potentially harmful stuff OFF

unless you have a O scope and can actually see that soundwave being produced NEVER EVER use bass boost it helps NOTHING

and amps DO NOT Need a bunch of knobs ALL you need is the crossovers and the GAIN thats it!!

so yeaa..we turned the gain pretty much all sort of ways..none did much of a diff. so i will be keeping the bass boost off now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.