Possibly bought a bad amp?

WinC101
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bonaire
Just got a zx2500 from ace_800. just installed everything last night. 0 gauge kicker wire to it. Pioneer sub wired at 4 ohm. so amp is giving 1250 RMS. but they sub barely moves at all. we double checked all wires. Everything seems fine. the amp just doesnt push the sub. my friend is thinking cause its wired at 4 ohm. and the zx2500 are build for 2 ohm. the gains and boost are not even half way up and the clipping light keep turning on and off but the music keeps playing. what can be the problem here?

Just got a zx2500 from ace_800. just installed everything last night. 0 gauge kicker wire to it. Pioneer sub wired at 4 ohm. so amp is giving 1250 RMS. but they sub barely moves at all. we double checked all wires. Everything seems fine. the amp just doesnt push the sub. my friend is thinking cause its wired at 4 ohm. and the zx2500 are build for 2 ohm. the gains and boost are not even half way up and the clipping light keep turning on and off but the music keeps playing. what can be the problem here?
Ok, first, you didn't buy a bad amp. Then, turn off bass boost and learn how to set your gains correctly. There are tutorials on this site, do a search. Single sub? What HU is this from?

Ok, first, you didn't buy a bad amp. Then, turn off bass boost and learn how to set your gains correctly. There are tutorials on this site, do a search. Single sub? What HU is this from?
Yes single SUb, Pioneer Premier TS-W3002d2 wired to 4 ohms. LG Head Unit. (not so good)..but i had a hifonics brz1200 first, and that thing pushes the pioneer beastly!!!

You've got something wrong then. It's easy to clip without the volume being loud, do you understand what clipping is and what all those knobs that you are turning do?

@ace_800, for accusations

Something wrong?? what do you mean by "something"? [quote name='gckless']You've got something wrong then. It's easy to clip without the volume being loud, do you understand what clipping is and what all those knobs that you are turning do?

@ace_800, for accusations[/QUOTE]

ground is good. under beack seat. used the same place with the hifonics. 1 upgraded battery. friend of mines had the same battery on a zx2500 with solo x and hit @145 DB. so the battery is good i think. already have the big 3.

Today i will be measuring the voltage. what do you mean by impedances?
Are you sure you're wired to 4ohms at the sub and not 1? But you need to learn how to set your gains. And turn off bass boost as stated before.

but how am i clipping it if the sub barely moves??
Sub doesnt even need to be moving. Bass boost, SLA, Loud settings on the HU will all cause clipping. Then add the fact that gain isnt set right on the amp and bass boost is probably on there was well also adds to it.

Even if something was wrong with the amp there is no way to tell whos fault it was now.

yes, very sure its at 4 ohm. head unit settings are good. i just swap amps. had the hifonics, just took it out and put the zx. the hifonics pushed it very well. everything shaking in car. i mean the bass boost wasnt even turned up almost. just a little bit to see what happens. cause the amp wont push the sub like its supposed to. kicker amps dont have much knobs on it. only 3 ..x-over, gain, bass boost. thats it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.