Possibly bought a bad amp?

The way it is now gain is at minimum, you will likely not hear much due to the low voltage from the HU. Read the sticky that's in one of the sections about how to properly set your gains. Turn all the bass boost and that crap off on the HU, and use 75% of your maximum volume on the HU as max volume when settings gains, then don't turn above that volume. Also, go back and measure your sub at final resistance.

Hey man don't worry, you'll get it all figured out. Don't pay attention to most of these guys. We were all new at some point and didn't know how to set our amps correctly.

My advice is to find someone local to you that really knows what they're doing and let them set it up. Whether it be a reputable member on here or a shop. When you have time and if you really want to learn you should read this entire website. Basic Car Audio Electronics It goes into a lot of the basics of car audio and you will learn a lot!

Hey man don't worry, you'll get it all figured out. Don't pay attention to most of these guys. We were all new at some point and didn't know how to set our amps correctly.
My advice is to find someone local to you that really knows what they're doing and let them set it up. Whether it be a reputable member on here or a shop. When you have time and if you really want to learn you should read this entire website. Basic Car Audio Electronics It goes into a lot of the basics of car audio and you will learn a lot!
OP, most shops will do the same thing you have already done. Take the time to figure this out yourself. Setting gain is fairly basic. It's not hard, and we'll help you through it.

Or can it be the "remote"?? Cause I don't have the remote hooked up. So maybe the bass coming out of the sub is minimum. And I can bincrease it with the remote?

ground is good. under beack seat. used the same place with the hifonics. 1 upgraded battery. friend of mines had the same battery on a zx2500 with solo x and hit @145 DB. so the battery is good i think. already have the big 3.
Ask your friend to test your amp in his car.

Remote/knob only works if its hooked up, won't affect amp if its not. I'm here for any issues. I have pics and video of the amp working, grant it at everything turned all the way down, at a shop.

I know I shipped it to Florida, but how did it get to you? Could have been damaged being shipped overseas? Just asking....

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Please
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Hook up the fucking remote wire..
I believe he ment the kicker bass knob

You shipped it to my friend and he brought it for me. But no worries. As long as it turns on and pushes the sub, I know its not damaged. May be something else wrong. Will do any other tests and let you guys know

and amps DO NOT Need a bunch of knobs ALL you need is the crossovers and the GAIN thats it!!
i could be wrong but I dont htink he was complaining about the three knobs. just stating a fact.

i would think his electrical is fine. if a kicker needs a second battery or alternator to run at 4 ohm and only 1200 ish watts, thats pretty sad

hope u get it figured out, but definitely sounds like u need to do some research on gain setting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.