porting through rear deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

inferno1985
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
well i decided to just keep my charger and pay it off instead of buying a suv.

so now i really gotta think about a enclosure design since its going to be in the trunk rather than a cargo area of an suv.

my seats dont fold down. and only real good option of getting any real good sound is porting through the rear deck. i have a factory 8 inch sub cutout i the rear deck. so i was thinking about using that to port though.

also should i just go standard subs facing rear of trunk and port through the hole? or should i turn the subs around and point them towards the backseats and port through the hole and seal it off?

or does that not make any difference because my seats dont fold down.

right but i thought that post was pertaining to a trunk build sealed off but with a arm rest opening ?

i dont have fold down seats or a ski hole. ill take a look at that thread again. i may has misread.

right but i thought that post was pertaining to a trunk build sealed off but with a arm rest opening ? i dont have fold down seats or a ski hole. ill take a look at that thread again. i may has misread.
i posted a couple a links on there that might have a little info for you.

Have you considered IB through the back deck?

A trunk is an extremely lossy part of the car. If you can eliminate that, then why wouldn't you? Your other option is what, layers of deadening applications and foam and weatherstripping, and you're still going to have loss.

If you port into the cabin with a 4th or 6th order bandpass and then seal it off, all acoustic energy is going straight into your cabin.

A trunk is an extremely lossy part of the car. If you can eliminate that, then why wouldn't you? Your other option is what, layers of deadening applications and foam and weatherstripping, and you're still going to have loss.
If you port into the cabin with a 4th or 6th order bandpass and then seal it off, all acoustic energy is going straight into your cabin.
Hm, Alright.

i dont think my subs do well in a 4th order.

american bass xr12's

although i have some ab xfl 12's i need reconed that im sure will work good.

and an IB through the rear deck?

yea i need to either recone them or get some new ones . these xrs sound nice, quality wise. but they dont pound like them xfls do.

i may even try out some ethos.

i should have just got a suv:verymad:. why must i always make everything difficult lol

also the thing is im limited on the amount ofstuff i can do without fabrication of rear deck. i have 2 kids 1 is still in car seat so ill need the rear deck seat anchors there still.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.