PORTED VS SEALED

Participant count
  • Participant list

nelpastel

CarAudio.com Recruit
Let's say I have 2 subwoofers which I play alternatively in my car, one is in a sealed enclosure, and the other in a ported one. And let's say in both cases my stereo is tuned to the same target curve with the aid of a DSP. Would those subs sound exactly the same in spite of being in two different types of enclosure ?

Let's say I have 2 subwoofers which I play alternatively in my car, one is in a sealed enclosure, and the other in a ported one. And let's say in both cases my stereo is tuned to the same target curve with the aid of a DSP. Would those subs sound exactly the same in spite of being in two different types of enclosure ?

Assuming the taget curve is the same they will sound very similar. 2nd and 3rd order harmonics might be different but are offer hard to even hear.

Main thing is that ported is going to have an advantage around tuning frequency meaning the amp will not be pushed as hard. This may make the amp produce cleaner power which would be more noticeable.

Sonically there shouldn't be much difference in sound from a ported to sealed assuming they are normalized to the same db level

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...