Ported Box Volume help for 2 rockford rosgate p3's Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

RyanV

What should the volume be for this box?

Also what should the port size be to tune to 35 hz ( I think this is the ideal).. can do either a circle tube port or a slot port.

I have most of the dimensions mapped out, i just need to adjust the width of the box according to the volume.

x0r6zb.png

What should the volume be for this box?
Also what should the port size be to tune to 35 hz ( I think this is the ideal).. can do either a circle tube port or a slot port.

I have most of the dimensions mapped out, i just need to adjust the width of the box according to the volume.
I put my P3's in about 3.6 cubes net, tuned somewhere around 33hz. They sounded OK. Port was 3.5" x 13" - about 24" long.

There are various calculators you can use to find the dimensions you're looking for:

Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer BoxWizard

RE AUDIO - Box Calculator

Car Audio - PORT Size Calculations and Formulas for WOOFER and Subwoofer BOXES

I think most would suggest something like torres if you're running windows os.

I put my P3's in about 3.6 cubes net, tuned somewhere around 33hz. They sounded OK. Port was 3.5" x 13" - about 24" long.
There are various calculators you can use to find the dimensions you're looking for:

Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer BoxWizard

RE AUDIO - Box Calculator

Car Audio - PORT Size Calculations and Formulas for WOOFER and Subwoofer BOXES

I think most would suggest something like torres if you're running windows os.
I did the same this week. Sounds o.k. And pretty loud on 450rms total.flexes windshield a good bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.