ported box sealed from trunk

Thanks...it does except for the sub on the right AA sent me a messed up re-cone a while back.....The coil assembly was glued in a little too high......That's why it has a dented dust cap........It didn't affect its output at all though........lol

Thanks...it does except for the sub on the right AA sent me a messed up re-cone a while back.....The coil assembly was glued in a little too high......That's why it has a dented dust cap........It didn't affect its output at all though........lol
Haha as long as you know your work is legit.

AccordTweeters005.jpg

accordtrunk_IBwall_finish027.jpg

accordIBwall038.jpg

accordtrunk_IBwall_fg005-1.jpg

no great stuff foam for me.

sealed off prevents phase interference from sound bouncing around in the trunk and arriving later. the extra output some trunks get is from constructive interference at a few frequencies (usually in the 40-60Hz range). but that means you also have cancellation at other frequencies. it is somewhat vehicle dependent since it relates to geometry. and it depends on the enclosure as well. sound off the rear of the sub will reflect off the rear box wall and come back out the cone. this plagues all speaker systems. controlling it is hard. it's why i gain output by opening my trunk. i eliminate the destructive reflections that come back through my woofer cones.

the rear seat will actually help you by absorbing some harmonics - like an aperiodic membrane. i keep my ski-hole down most of the time - which allows plenty of airflow. but even with it up, i'm still happy.

i have a few questions.
1.) how does forward firing sealed from the trunk help with sq? cleaner sound less rattle from other crap. smoother

2.) what is usually the best tuning for a smooth roll off? or is this pure car dependant? if so im going to decide this for myself.

3.) what do you guys use to seal the box from the trunk? great stuff in a black can

4.) is there anyway i can seal off the box from the trunk and still be able to use my back seats? no
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.