More SA8V2 problems :)

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have been posting a lot about my new install having no bass, I took it back to the shop that installed it and they are now telling me its the box that's not putting anything out. The box was made by DC-Creations and seems fancy enough, made of solid birch and cool stuff. But the guys at the shop said it was tuned to 27hz and that was why my sub had no output, even with high excursion... Anyone have an idea here? id love to hear it

I have been posting a lot about my new install having no bass, I took it back to the shop that installed it and they are now telling me its the box that's not putting anything out. The box was made by DC-Creations and seems fancy enough, made of solid birch and cool stuff. But the guys at the shop said it was tuned to 27hz and that was why my sub had no output, even with high excursion... Anyone have an idea here? id love to hear it
the people at that shop is dumb and should not be running a shop.. What kind of amp do you have on them Sa 8's

The box is actually "tuned" to 31hz not 27 btw.

Call me when you can and I will be glad to see if I can help you out with some basic tech info.

Sounds like you might have a sub out of phase.....doesn't sound like box issues...
That is my thought as well.

Sad thing is it is hard telling what could be wrong as with many "shops" our there you just never know the quality of work you are going to get.

we need more information about the system...

what amp?

what ohm load are they wired to?

how are the gains and crossovers set on your amp/hu?

with rabbits rep i have to seriously doubt that it is an enclosure issue.

The box is actually "tuned" to 31hz not 27 btw.
Call me when you can and I will be glad to see if I can help you out with some basic tech info.
I figured, I'm not sure what to think of them any more... Here is the basis of the issue, playing a test tone, sub gets moving and resonates fine, playing music, doesnt move at all. Personally I think its an RCA voltage issue from the deck 80PRS, and im going to get a line driver for the sub RCAs. But the **** guy at Elite Audio Solutions (they did the install, I bought the parts) said that the box is wrong and because its wrong, its giving the woofer no output, and when I say no output, I mean on music there is hardly any excursion or db. The amp is a SAZ1000D, the sub is D2 wired at 1ohm and I double/triple checked, the coils are in phase, but I do get a weird ticking sound at higher volumes.. Also rabbit they swore that the sub didn't fit into the box when I brought the parts in, so they gave me **** about having a tard box. Even still I said the people who built it knew what they were doing.. After they "made it fit" I found part of the gasket sticking out. So i pulled the sub, took of the gasket, and sealed around the opening with real gasket tape. All this service for $500 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I am still set that the issue is from low RCA voltage to the sub amp, the dude went back and turned the gain ALL the way up and then the sub started moving to music. Anyway, they wont believe that its any other issue than the box. /rant

Sub didn't fit? How does that happen lol(This would imply the cut out was wrong..which it could have been..but we test fit an SA8v2 ). Sounds like they felt like hacking things up with the intent on getting you to buy more from them.

Anyway, could you do us a few favors if you can?

1. Could you take a few pics.....

A. Pull the sub back out and show the wiring

B. Wiring from box to amp

C. Wiring connections (power/ground)

2. Don't listen to that place anymore. I'm sorry you're having issues, I hate to hear about stuff like this. I have local clients that have had similar issues before coming to us.

If you want, just give me a call when ever. I should be in/around the office all day today (big day for a few reasons lol) and I should be able to speak with you about it and discuss a few options.

Rabbit knows what he's doin' brutha. You got some impedance issues.... I'm surprised there's anymore Mom and Pop shops after some of the horror stories I hear. Fortunately here in Tulsa we've got a couple good ones and I'm close to enough to rabbit to call him up if I have any issues.

the people at the shop have no idea what they are talking about... "no sound even at high excursion"? wtf thats when sound is the least audible....

Sub didn't fit? How does that happen lol(This would imply the cut out was wrong..which it could have been..but we test fit an SA8v2 ). Sounds like they felt like hacking things up with the intent on getting you to buy more from them.
Anyway, could you do us a few favors if you can?

1. Could you take a few pics.....

A. Pull the sub back out and show the wiring

B. Wiring from box to amp

C. Wiring connections (power/ground)

2. Don't listen to that place anymore. I'm sorry you're having issues, I hate to hear about stuff like this. I have local clients that have had similar issues before coming to us.

If you want, just give me a call when ever. I should be in/around the office all day today (big day for a few reasons lol) and I should be able to speak with you about it and discuss a few options.
Also, could we get a picture of the amplifier settings?

Rabbit knows what he's doin' brutha. You got some impedance issues.... I'm surprised there's anymore Mom and Pop shops after some of the horror stories I hear. Fortunately here in Tulsa we've got a couple good ones and I'm close to enough to rabbit to call him up if I have any issues.
Thanks! Been a while since we talked last, text some time when you get around to it.

Thanks! Been a while since we talked last, text some time when you get around to it.
I will do that. Sold the Focal's btw. Need to get louder. You know how it is... LOL! I think I'm about ready to buy something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.