ported box sealed from trunk

Falcons
5,000+ posts

that **** i dont like
i have a few questions.

1.) how does forward firing sealed from the trunk help with sq?

2.) what is usually the best tuning for a smooth roll off? or is this pure car dependant? if so im going to decide this for myself.

3.) what do you guys use to seal the box from the trunk?

4.) is there anyway i can seal off the box from the trunk and still be able to use my back seats?

1. helps with trunk rattle.2. Great Stuff or any other type of spray foam from lowes, home depot, etc.

3. U need to decide tuning once youve put the box in and adjust to your type of music.

4. Yes. You just gotta leave a few inches in font the box so the seats will still go back. Basically , dont extend the box into the cabin of the car
cool beans. thanks bro

ALso seen guys make some fill panels and not use the spray foam. I used both. I did the spray foam first, then cut some fill panels and wrapped them in vinyl to cover the gaps i had. It worked very nicely. You dont have to use 3/4 inch material for the fill panels. You can do 1/2, 3/8 or even 1/4 for the fill panels. Wrap them in vinyk , carpet, or heck you can even paint them.
this is what i plan on doing. i really want to do a pure sq install. i want to by the rf 3sixty.1 just because it is cheaper now. im past the whole hey check out how loud my system can get stage. its more impressive to me to have a 300 watt sub, completely hidden with the staging all brought foward with flat responses then a 20k system where the bass is the main part of the install.

Forward firing sealed isn't the answer for every trunk. You may have more SQ and be louder unsealed. I am no expert on SQ, but a general rule is, if your trunk is louder rear firing it will meter better sealed and forward firing. If your trunk is louder forward firing, then it will lose when you seal it.

I fire fowardinto the cab of my car and it reduces rattles but at the same time it reduces output, if I find that loading off the trunk is much more efficient if your going with low power so you may just want to consider deadening it even better.

I think it depends on the car and the treatment done to the trunk. In my trunk I like to fire my subs facing the sides because it feels like there is more impact. that might just be me though.

i plsn on completely deadening my car eventually. waiting on black friday though becasue money is tight right now. all i need is more deadener, midbass, some tweeters, and a processor to go active and im all set.

my trunk is completely deadened as well. Best thing to do honestly is try a couple different methods and see which one you like best
thanks geoff. could you pm me with some info on what you do to get the best sq out of your system. im officially switched over to sq. i would just like some pointers on what i need to do. thanks.

Depends on the car I guess......This is my forward facing setup........It does a 147.5 @ 37 hz with my back seat in and sound only coming through center armrest....Mine is tuned to 36 and it plays music very well.....two AA Havoc 12s and a DC 3.5k wired @ 1/2 ohms nominal....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.........Oh and my car has ZERO RATTLES......

0818120941.jpg

Depends on the car I guess......This is my forward facing setup........It does a 147.5 @ 37 hz with my back seat in and sound only coming through center armrest....Mine is tuned to 36 and it plays music very well.....two AA Havoc 12s and a DC 3.5k wired @ 1/2 ohms nominal....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.........Oh and my car has ZERO RATTLES......

0818120941.jpg
Wow man that looks beautiful. Great work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.