Ported Box Polyfill Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
My current ported box has an internal volume of 0.97cf. I cant go any larger as I have a Jeep YJ and just don't have the room with my off-road tool kit that I have to keep in the Jeep. The sub wants 1.5cf to play optimally. Can polyfill help me here? I know some love it and some hate it. I was looking more at doing the 2" poly sheeting and just gluing it to the inside box walls while leaving the slotted port open as to not affect porting and to allow good airflow for cooling. Your thoughts? Thanks

1ft3 net isn't a deal breaker for most 10's what's lacking?

Describe the setup and goals please.

A pic of box maybe too?
Nothing is lacking as of yet. Getting ready to install and wanted to make sure I had everything lined out for a smooth install. Was just wanting to hear from those more experienced than myself if I had made a small or big mistake. The sub is an American Bass 10" sub, cant remember the model number, it's nothing special. I have a RF 3110 waiting for repair, that's the main sub I want to use. The build is going in a 2 door wrangler with a hardtop, I figured a 10 should hit pretty good in that small of a chamber. But like all things I will want more eventually lol, just like last time back in 1999. Then I started with one 12 and ended up with 4 after everything was said and done lol. Appreciate the reply.

Appreciate the reply.
I'd get it in there and make sure its powered right 1st off. .97ft3 net is doable for a 10" sub IF its actually net volume. Also be sure to tune it right to reflect your music... compromised installs usually start by trying to make saving space paramount. Its the foundation of your music man... bass takes SOME space after all. Don't try to cheap out with band-aids and rumored fixes so to speak.

What sub are we talking about after all? Some NEED more airspace and power so it may need rethinking.

I have one of these left as well, but I need to get a new coil installed in it. Was going to use PSI but they are not taking new stuff right now.

Attachments

• x575rfr3110-f_dg (1).jpeg
    x575rfr3110-f_dg (1).jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 61
I for got to ad that the box is tuned to 38hz, I want to get low but not windmill low. I still want to keep decent hit in my songs. And sorry for not answering you eelier on what I'm going for. I just want a good full musical experience, but also want to be able to shake the mirror a bit some days. I'm 42 and used to mess around with small town comps. Had 4 12's and finished back in 2002 with 4 RF 3310's pushed by 2 PP1000's. Had all MB Quartz mids and highs. It did sound really good. But I'm just looking to stay low key for now.

I for got to ad that the box is tuned to 38hz
I'd suggest naiilng down the tuning AFTER DISPLACEMENTS.... and regarding whatever amp you use wire as low as possible. 750 @ 1 ohm is fine just design around it.

Where's the pic I asked for btw?

That'll help a ton and let others chime in.

And.. comon' man. A soft top jeep is like halving your output from the get. Take the top off and whatever lows you had are gone unless you overcome it with cone or a higher order enclosure. Without planning/prep Wranglers suk for bass.

I'd suggest naiilng down the tuning AFTER DISPLACEMENTS.... and regarding whatever amp you use wire as low as possible. 750 @ 1 ohm is fine just design around it.

Where's the pic I asked for btw?

That'll help a ton and let others chime in.

And.. comon' man. A soft top jeep is like halving your output from the get. Take the top off and whatever lows you had are gone unless you overcome it with cone or a higher order enclosure. Without planning/prep Wranglers suk for bass.
I will get a pic, its a pre fab box. My jeep is a hard top and I have the bottom sealed with putty.

Probably +40hz tuned... when I asked what's lacking I meant sound-wise. Its a new install you said so you tell us how it turns out. Add polyfill or whatever... Dealers choice
Thanks for the replies shredder, will post as soon as I have it installed and tuned. If the box sounds like crap I will just build one, but I couldnt buy the sheet of mds for $40 bucks so I thought I would give it a shot.

I have one of these left as well, but I need to get a new coil installed in it. Was going to use PSI but they are not taking new stuff right now.
Dont use polyfill save ur cash i wasted $10 a month ago.👍can i ask whats the problem with psi are they lazy,tight wads or just have no common sense,who turns away $ and customers,i do not get it.hire someone to help pay a high schooler to answer the phone,theyre service ***** unless u have 8 of their subs.jmho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...