Port sealed double 15" subs

Anytime the port isn’t on the same plain as the driver it isn’t ideal.
No, the port needs to be in the same airspace as the woofer on both ends, unless it's intentionally designed that way. The port can fire in the opposite directions of the subs and be completely fine. A lot of SPL dudes fire the subs forward and the ports backwards in small cars, like CRX's. As long as the port is phasing the wave properly, it doesn't really matter what plane it's on, unless you are chasing tenths, in which you go with whatever is loudest.

No, the port needs to be in the same airspace as the woofer on both ends, unless it's intentionally designed that way. The port can fire in the opposite directions of the subs and be completely fine. A lot of SPL dudes fire the subs forward and the ports backwards in small cars, like CRX's. As long as the port is phasing the wave properly, it doesn't really matter what plane it's on, unless you are chasing tenths, in which you go with whatever is loudest.
I was speaking of phase. Which is already off anyway.

Yeah, if that port is in the cab and those subs are in the trunk- yes

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

It would be very difficult to design that properly.

Yeah, if that port is in the cab and those subs are in the trunk- yes 

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

It would be very difficult to design that properly.
Oh this is a fail any way you look at it.

This idea (thread title) is not good... OP has a lot of preconceptions... and is in Spain too and I'm seeing liters referenced?.. I had fun helping the Op of this thread...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/633287-single-capable-amp-needed-push-2-12-bone-crushers.html ... wouldn't listen either...

I hope this one listens... all the prior threads the OP started the Op seems kinda hardheaded... IDK

This idea (thread title) is not good... OP has a lot of preconceptions... and is in Spain too and I'm seeing liters referenced?.. I had fun helping the Op of this thread...
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/633287-single-capable-amp-needed-push-2-12-bone-crushers.html ... wouldn't listen either...

I hope this one listens... all the prior threads the OP started the Op seems kinda hardheaded... IDK
he's definitely never going to listen, dude has a boulder above his shoulders. This thread is pretty much useless and he'll never take any proper advice from anyone and just go off and do his own sh*t.

this is my sundown x8 next to its enclosure.

blew my mind how it handles the bass, especially low extension thanks to that port.

i'll fit another port, because this port makes a little bit of windy noise at high volume.

maybe the world's smallest enclosure for an X8, still loud as a cheap 15" ported sub.

and next is the car where its fitted in, not even 1cm lost in the trunk!

i hope to have a similar result with my other 2 15" MTX....

this is my sundown x8 next to its enclosure.blew my mind how it handles the bass, especially low extension thanks to that port.

i'll fit another port, because this port makes a little bit of windy noise at high volume.

maybe the world's smallest enclosure for an X8, still loud as a cheap 15" ported sub.

and next is the car where its fitted in, not even 1cm lost in the trunk!

i hope to have a similar result with my other 2 15" MTX....
love the car but dude that box no...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.