Port sealed double 15" subs

Want to bet? You audio knowledge is not that great. No offense, but truth is truth. I've had one 1200 10 that s h i t t e d on people's 2 15's because people don't know what they are doing. I was 17 pissing people off with my boxes. Now I'm 26, I know A LOT more. 

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

OP check this out, I'm not trying to be a d i c k, I'm trying to help as are many other members:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/606969149465644/

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

If you think I don't know what I'm talking about.
maybe with the right knowledge… anyways, now i have the materials, so I have to make the best out of it.

Hi, I'm about to buy some tube for the port. is sewer material ok for the job?? hard sewer or soft? I had on my sundown port some rubber sewer tube, and it was right, but its hard to bend in the enclosure. Thanks!!!

so to summarize:2x MTX RT15 rated for 70L each or 2,5ft3

sealed box 71L or 2,5ft3

option to port in the back

goal: boost at 25-35hz range
only way to boost it is through airspace. Otherwise you are just making a leaky sealed box. The only way this works is if you take off one 15 and use the box for a single 15 ported and done right, it will completely destroy your 2 15s setup.

only way to boost it is through airspace. Otherwise you are just making a leaky sealed box. The only way this works is if you take off one 15 and use the box for a single 15 ported and done right, it will completely destroy your 2 15s setup.
bRO! I'll do that!!! as experiment!

today first tests sealed. SPL wise, sounds similar to 1 cheap 15" ported. I bouht a port, 125mm diameter and 60cm lenght

its obviously not enough diameter but lets see how it goes

hi guys, the port is done, the tube will enter the cockpit. now, the SPL is very bad, I lost much of Wuuu Wuuu (70-100hz range) so that's good, but 60hz **** is still at its highest, at leas with that taramps ****. I will return the amp, due its useless given it has a fixed subsonic filter that cuts everything below 45hz. the port is set to 30hz. so in reality, its still to come how it really sounds. I tried to turn off one speaker, but I lost some pressure. but its very far from soundin good. my girlfriends single 15" inch, sounds 2 times my double 15inch. my sundown 8" sounds exactly the same my doublé 15". so something is cleraly wrong. first I'll get a good amp, and then I'll work on the enclosure which is probably the first responsable for the very low SPL output.

hi guys, the port is done, the tube will enter the cockpit. now, the SPL is very bad, I lost much of Wuuu Wuuu (70-100hz range) so that's good, but 60hz **** is still at its highest, at leas with that taramps ****. I will return the amp, due its useless given it has a fixed subsonic filter that cuts everything below 45hz. the port is set to 30hz. so in reality, its still to come how it really sounds. I tried to turn off one speaker, but I lost some pressure. but its very far from soundin good. my girlfriends single 15" inch, sounds 2 times my double 15inch. my sundown 8" sounds exactly the same my doublé 15". so something is cleraly wrong. first I'll get a good amp, and then I'll work on the enclosure which is probably the first responsable for the very low SPL output.
ss fiter can't be set at 45hz no way (what does it say on off ) probably 25hz which is what u need also if port tuned at 30hz u don't need one anyway.. lp xover should be set at 70hz turn ss off try that.. and yes we all told u that box is to small for ported..

Reading your "update" is almost giving me a headache... your cluelessness is really pretty bad and theories are making this one entertaining thread. Really not tryin' to insult you here... so take it as constructive criticism.

You came up with THIS?

eL9IpC.jpg

That's modified for a single 15?.. interesting configuration

Really, you should start over. Start listening to others, and set up your signal correctly.

These are some of the most common ported configurations... used by most people because they actually WORK. There are more but I do not want to make this a mile long post.

o8ARFb.jpg

HMjsp7.jpg

8bMOWx.jpg

Diffferent configurations work in different vehicles... idk about yours... never tried that one.

guys, you did not read well, the Amp, has FIXED filters!!!! so you can't correct anything. the LPF is set to 80hz, ant the subsonic filter, starts to kick in under 45hz. 30hz do not even move. that's why I'm going to return that.

On the other hand, first we have to check out, how the whole invention Works with a proper amp. from there we can take the proper solutions. @shredder2, nope, its a modification for 2x 15". I tried to run it with single 15", but it still sounds louder with 2x 15".

my car is a sedane, its an Alfa Romeo 159. the biggest problem there, is that the trunk is completely sealed from the cockpit. so the only way to bring soundwaves into the car, is a Little gap between the backseats. the best solution so far, is to fit a port in that gap that goes directly to the sub. the port is also bended 90º degree in the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
That box isn't even big enough for a pair or 12s ported, let alone 15s. Its not playing below 45hz cuz you are literally using the worst possible box.
bro if you have to hate on my work, its up to you. the box is over 70l, and the rated box size for 1 woofer is 70l minus the port, minus the woofer. so its not too small. shure its to small for 2x 15". but I can always quit 1 sub and seal the second hole. this to begin with.

second point, I managed to got rid of the contamination frequencies by calculating the right port lenght, and now it sounds like it should, ATM I have no SPL because of the freakin amp. the woofers are using the sealed trunk as enclosure, so, its some kind of 4th order setup right now. I'll update when I have the right Amp, maybe this evening, someone will borrow me a good amp to make tests.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.