Port sealed double 15" subs

bro if you have to hate on my work, its up to you. the box is over 70l, and the rated box size for 1 woofer is 70l minus the port, minus the woofer. so its not too small. shure its to small for 2x 15". but I can always quit 1 sub and seal the second hole. this to begin with.
second point, I managed to got rid of the contamination frequencies by calculating the right port lenght, and now it sounds like it should, ATM I have no SPL because of the freakin amp. the woofers are using the sealed trunk as enclosure, so, its some kind of 4th order setup right now. I'll update when I have the right Amp, maybe this evening, someone will borrow me a good amp to make tests.
dude with all the effort you put into this, you could've worked instead and afforded something proper lol

instead of helping me out, you're all hating on this. I repeat its 70l and its perfect for 1 woofer.

could stuffing help? could I put a layer of polyfill on the walls? I know my ex girlfriend has her sub stuffed and its the loudest Budget 15" sub I've ever Heard so far.

My sundown X8 enclosure came also with stuffing, but when i quit it, it sounded much louder. so it might be a hit or miss.

bro if you have to hate on my work, its up to you. the box is over 70l, and the rated box size for 1 woofer is 70l minus the port, minus the woofer. so its not too small. shure its to small for 2x 15". but I can always quit 1 sub and seal the second hole. this to begin with.
second point, I managed to got rid of the contamination frequencies by calculating the right port lenght, and now it sounds like it should, ATM I have no SPL because of the freakin amp. the woofers are using the sealed trunk as enclosure, so, its some kind of 4th order setup right now. I'll update when I have the right Amp, maybe this evening, someone will borrow me a good amp to make tests.
I'm not hating, I'm laughing cuz you are a moron and won't listen to the advice everyone has given you. You're just like the dipshits I have to deal with at work coming in asking for professional experienced help, don't like the answer they get so they go and do a hack job on their own and bitch about it when it doesnt work right.

I'm not hating, I'm laughing cuz you are a moron and won't listen to the advice everyone has given you.
yes I'm listening. The next tests will be with only one driver, so the size of the cab is ok.

its no longer an issue to talk about. so as the box is good to go, what do you think about my port??? would it make sense stuff?? did i do some errors by fitting the port???

Guys, just watched closely to the enclosure, its totally bending everywhere, no wonder i have no spl. I have to fix that first, I think that **** have been glued together. I'll buy some screws

You have absolutely no idea what you are doing... Stop defending yourself and actually do things right. When everyone on a forum full of people with ridiculous loud setups and has decades of experience on you both on an install/competitive and theoretical level telling you its a stupid idea. They are generally on to something that you clearly are not. Throw away that ego, we've all been wrong once. Its when you accept it and actually listen to others that know better is when you grow as a person, not just a car audio enthusiast

Guys, just watched closely to the enclosure, its totally bending everywhere, no wonder i have no spl. I have to fix that first, I think that **** have been glued together. I'll buy some screws
Must be the problem then...

[quote name='shredder2']This idea (thread title) is not good... OP has a lot of preconceptions... and is in Spain too and I'm seeing liters referenced?.. I had fun helping the Op of this thread...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/ampl...pable-amp-needed-push-2-12-bone-crushers.html ... wouldn't listen either...:suicide:

I hope this one listens... all the prior threads the OP started the Op seems kinda hardheaded... IDK[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jeffdachef']You have absolutely no idea what you are doing... Stop defending yourself and actually do things right. When everyone on a forum full of people with ridiculous loud setups and has decades of experience on you both on an install/competitive and theoretical level telling you its a stupid idea. They are generally on to something that you clearly are not. Throw away that ego, we've all been wrong once. Its when you accept it and actually listen to others that know better is when you grow as a person, not just a car audio enthusiast[/QUOTE]

Same thing everytime he starts a thread... @Buck hit the nail dead-on.... Nobody's that stupid.

Must be trolling.

so what you're saying is you need a new box? 

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

full circle
no, I spent 110€ for that freakin box (110$ more or less), I won't throw that away that soon.

Despite it has been glued together instead of screw it, its a 2cm thick MDF. I'll try to fix it by putting screws on it. then I will put some silicone to seal it, and make some tests.

Guys I live in spain, its not that bad like brazil, but its far away from USA in terms of caraudio knowledge.

so I won't get a better Enclosure that easy. and anyways, I repeat again, the enclosure is good to go for 1 15". I don't know why you all have to hate on it. the port i did is maybe wrong, the placement of the sub is maybe wrong. the freakin car I'm using is maybe wrong too. but the enclosure is right once I fixed the bending. so If you want to help me out, give me some right input on my making.

Its useless to say, you have to put a front firing port, if the car has a freakin sealed trunk.

I attach some pictures to make you see how I did the setup. If you have a better Idea, I'm listening, thanks!!!

the taramps, I'm changing it for an audiosystem or STEG. both are italian stuff, rated at 850RMS

I also saw a soundstream, very cheap, but its only 700RMS

the first picture is upside down, you have to rotate it 180º

Last edited by a moderator:
A box should be glued

Screws are only there to hold it in place until the glue dries

Even the 70l you have is small for a ported single 15”

If the box was broken so easily it would probably be better to start over and just take the $110 loss

A box should be gluedScrews are only there to hold it in place until the glue dries

Even the 70l you have is small for a ported single 15”

If the box was broken so easily it would probably be better to start over and just take the $110 loss
really??? only glue no screws??? I saw many DIY in internet, they always end the work with screws. anyways, screws are good or bad?

I'll give the box one last chance, and will screw it, screws are affordable. Like I said, I live in spain, here's no way to find profesional enclosures. Nor I have the tools for DIY from scratch. 70l its the right volume for ported box for MTX-RT-1504. maybe bigger enclosure would be still better, but 70l is enough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.