Port sealed double 15" subs

Your system here is a reflection of your personality. This is funny.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Like all the problems you're having with it, you're also having with your mind, in several, easy to prove ways.

You can screw itI would glue it then screw it then seal inside with liquid nails or some other construction adhesive
A lot of misinformation here.

Construction adhesive does just that, it ADHERES, it does not seal, especially liquid nails because that stuff expands. If you want to seal a joint then you use a sealant aka caulk. Big difference between sealing and adhering.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Yes, better glue it and then screw it. Will do that thanks
what about my port? any thoughts?
My thoughts about your port would be to acquire a potato, grill igniter and a can of hairspray.

Last advice I'll give this guy is to can the 15's... get a single 12 or something that'll be more optimum for his available space in his "Sedane" and do a 4th thru the ski hole... all he has to do is either design one (ha,ha) or get a design and build it. DIY would save a ton, but IDK if he can handle building an enclosure.

OP... something like this will sound a lot better than what you currently got...

RTi2PN.jpg

What a thread... lol

Subscribed.
Now this is entertaining to watch. Some of the best lessons learned in life are those learned the hard way.

XxandreaxX, having the correctly designed and built box literally makes or breaks the sound you get from the subwoofer. These guys know what they are doing and they are trying to tell you that the box you have is all wrong. You seem like one of those people who asks for advise and if you don’t get the advice you want to hear, you ignore them and do what you want anyway. Then you keep asking for advice, but you are still not hearing what you want to hear so now they are getting frustrated with you and bashing your ideas.

I agree also that a smaller single 10 or 12 in a properly built and ported box will sound worlds better. You could also face the woofer and port towards that opening from inside your trunk with a single 10” woofer in a ported box. Also that port inlet inside the box you have is too close to the box wall, but probably doesn’t matter because of all the other issues you have with that setup. I can imagine that even after you glue and screw that box that those thin walls and single front baffle are still going to flex and cost you spl. Who knows, maybe you’ll get lucky like you think you did with the Sundown. I hope it works out for you, I really do, but my money is with the groups advice.

really??? only glue no screws??? I saw many DIY in internet, they always end the work with screws. anyways, screws are good or bad?I'll give the box one last chance, and will screw it, screws are affordable. Like I said, I live in spain, here's no way to find profesional enclosures. Nor I have the tools for DIY from scratch. 70l its the right volume for ported box for MTX-RT-1504. maybe bigger enclosure would be still better, but 70l is enough.
no, I spent 110€ for that freakin box (110$ more or less), I won't throw that away that soon.Despite it has been glued together instead of screw it, its a 2cm thick MDF. I'll try to fix it by putting screws on it. then I will put some silicone to seal it, and make some tests.

Guys I live in spain, its not that bad like brazil, but its far away from USA in terms of caraudio knowledge.

so I won't get a better Enclosure that easy. and anyways, I repeat again, the enclosure is good to go for 1 15". I don't know why you all have to hate on it. the port i did is maybe wrong, the placement of the sub is maybe wrong. the freakin car I'm using is maybe wrong too. but the enclosure is right once I fixed the bending. so If you want to help me out, give me some right input on my making.

Its useless to say, you have to put a front firing port, if the car has a freakin sealed trunk.

I attach some pictures to make you see how I did the setup. If you have a better Idea, I'm listening, thanks!!!

the taramps, I'm changing it for an audiosystem or STEG. both are italian stuff, rated at 850RMS

I also saw a soundstream, very cheap, but its only 700RMS

the first picture is upside down, you have to rotate it 180º
Quality wood glue bonds way better than screws. Screws rattle off when exposed to vibration. glue is a permanent bond between wood, Done right, its stronger than the wood itself. Thing with pre-made boxes, they dont do anything right so you literally spent money on garbage. 70 liter is not the right volume you need to be around 85 liter or so because the sub takes up space, the port takes up space. Thats the difference between gross Liters vs NET liters. NET is the space you have after subtracting EVERYTHING that takes up space in the box, its the only number that matters. Right now you are most likely way less than 70 liters net.

I like how you trash brazil but they have setups that would completely sh*t on anything spain can create. Shocker hal is brazilian and he's the world record holder for DB drag. The car audio scene over there easily rivals US or any other nation. Just because you saw the ghetto side doesnt mean you can generalize the whole country.

This is the bass you get with a pair of 10s done right AND THIS IS A BRAZILIAN GUY IN BRAZIL. Reevaluate yourself and any kind of car audio knowledge you think is right because you have the sh*ttiest amount of car audio knowledge i've seen on the forum so far this year. Start learning everything from scratch.

What you can do now is save up money for wood. Let us know your trunk max dimensions in length x height x width and one of us can design a box and blueprint to get you extremely loud. Sell those 15s because they aint doing jack sh*t in the space you have. Dont go off and buy your own sh*t, come to us and plan out your system properly and we'll let you know if you are doing things right or not. I assure you that you will get loud as FK if you actually agree to listen.

screws s u c k for box building unless you're doing a wall or a huge box that's ridiculous

it's all about keeping the glue under pressure while it dries

that's LITERALLY how they make MDF

looks great, I love that setup. but I immagine its too hard for my actual skills. Why dont you like the port opposite to the driver??? even if the port is bended inside the enclosure.

About the brazilian style: I never said they don't get loud. Because they do get loud, and its not a surprise for me that they win SPL competition. Now the SQ is another story. And I'm complaining about their way to set up. they only care about spl and noise.

Yesterday, I figured out, my amp was not even connected to the SUB out, some brazilian guy changed it to REAR Out. I brought my car to a paintshop for some inner painting, and a randoom brazilian guy simply took out my Android navi, and made the change. They are freakin Obsessed with their **** of putting everything at full range, even ****** tweeter. I don't have anything against brazilians, my best friend is brazilian, and he runs his twin 15" sub at full range. Lots of SPL and distorsion but no SQ at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks great, I love that setup. but I immagine its too hard for my actual skills. Why dont you like the port opposite to the driver??? even if the port is bended inside the enclosure.
About the brazilian style: I never said they don't get loud. Because they do get loud, and its not a surprise for me that they win SPL competition. Now the SQ is another story. And I'm complaining about their way to set up. they only care about spl and noise.

Yesterday, I figured out, my amp was not even connected to the SUB out, some brazilian guy changed it to REAR Out. I brought my car to a paintshop for some inner painting, and a randoom brazilian guy simply took out my Android navi, and made the change. They are freakin Obsessed with their **** of putting everything at full range, even ****** tweeter. I don't have anything against brazilians, my best friend is brazilian, and he runs his twin 15" sub at full range. Lots of SPL and distorsion but no SQ at all.
just because you run into one or two dumb@sses doesnt mean you can generalize the whole nation. They can do SQ way better than you as well. AGain you just ran into the ghetto mother fkers that dont know what they are doing. Your whole area you live in sounds like complete sh*t when it comes to car audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.