port noise on recones.....

SlickCMRick
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Las Vegas
Ok, so I reconed my subs and now all of a sudden I have port noise. My subs before in the same box had no port noise. One problem may be that I upgraded my amp from 1700w to 2700w. If I have more power, do I need a wider port? If I recone the subs (but keep the same basket and motor) will it change the T/S specs? My box now was built to my original subs t/s specs.

Sorry im a noob with this but im trying to learn. I searched but didnt come up with anything..

thanks for any help

thanks for the quick reply. i dont have the funds for a new box and its annoying, maybe i'll try to seal off the port with a piece of mdf?

i knew you would ask that :p

im thinking around 60......cant remember exactly but im pretty sure it is 60. i know it was the most port area i could get with my measurements.

yeah and the port is 4" wide........if its built to eclipse t/s specs but has re soft parts. does that matter?
Yes, different soft parts will have different T/S parameters even using the same motor, this can shift around in frequency and amplitude where the maximum vent air volecity occurs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.