Popping noise when I change channels through speakers

People have recommended suggestions - have you tried them? Are your RCAs grounded? I'd agree with it being the HU as well since the problem has evolved with little to no change to the set-up but I'd try the suggestions given to you first - check your grounds, especially your RCA ground.

If all of your grounds are tight and grounded correctly it's probably the HU.

I know this is an ancient thread, but I ran into this problem and I was able to solve it. Thought I should post in case anyone else stumbles across this with the same issue.

It has nothing to do with RCA grounds or the head unit's ground, and the unit itself is not bad. What's going on is a lot of these newer decks have a much higher preout voltage, and that is causing the pop. What you need to do is wire a 4 channel line-output converter to the actual speaker outputs on the unit, then connect the RCA's to that, as it will step the voltage down to a level that works better with these older factory amps.

My stock radio did this. Tried messing with the wires to fix it, nothing helped. Read somewhere that it was just the radio itself that was broken. Mine wouldn't pop all the time..but most of the time. I would bang the top of my dash where my radio was and it would fix it most of time, until I started popping again and I'd need to bang the dash again.. was really annoying. Just recently changed the head unit and since the problem is gone. No more popping 🤙

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...