Occasionally popping in audio

I'd guess a bad connection. You probably messed up the wiring during the swap.
I paid for the ready harness service from crutchfield where they pre wire and solder everything before they send it. I did splice into the ground, for my voltmeter, and the remote wire for my amp. I later gave the voltmeter its own ground in case I created a ground loop, but it didn't fix anything.

Last edited:
Probably a bad head unit if it pops all the time and you're using the head unit's built in amplifier instead of an aftermarket amp. I had that head unit and sent it back to Crutchfield and exchanged it for the KW-M788BH, which is the exact same one just with HD radio, which blows away regular radio by a long shot, other than that the 788BH has 5v preouts instead of 4v preouts like the 780BT. They use the same wiring harness too. If your vehicle has a factory amp that might be bad and causing the popping.

I paid for the ready harness service from crutchfield where they pre wire and solder everything before they send it. I did splice into the ground, for my voltmeter, and the remote wire for my amp. I later gave the voltmeter its own ground in case I created a ground loop, but it didn't fix anything.
I'd double check Crutchfield's soldering job. Could be a bad connector, could be a bad splice, but I would start by troubleshooting for an intermittent wiring problem.

my subwoofer is ran by rcas, and I don't think I've ever noticed any pops, so do you think it will continue when I start to run the door speakers to an external amp. I'm in the process of doing so

Wow that is very very odd. Could be the wiring harness from them. Check the wires and possibly reground the stereo to another bolt in back of the head unit. I've had to do that before many times in order to stop a problem. I am not exactly trusting of crutchfields ready harnesses they do. Seen a couple of them really poorly done over the years on friends vehicles where I had to re-solder everything and re-heatshrink everything to get it to work properly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...