Popping Crackling Sound off and on from speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

colt325e
10+ year member

It will work off and on and then just Pop and crack at different volumes, depending on what the volume is at. This happened while I was driving (its a tahoe) and hit this big 'pothole' on the freeway. My dad thinks it is the power wire, and hes probably right because the time resets all the time now to 12:00. Is there anything else wrong with it? And where do i have to look exactly to fix this? The battery? Everything is stock.

Check ground and hot. Make sure they are very securely attached. If not, you could be doing serious damage to your system.

If you have an aftermarket system (probably) this means you need to check them, too. If you use 2 amps, or a transistor amp, it could be a weak battery, this would be accompanied by a whine sound that varies directly with the RPMs of the engine.

I'm not an expert by any means, so I'd just say check hot and ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.