Pop :( Protect mode

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
The Camry, has fucked up.

I have my Sax 150.4 4 channel amp hooked up too 4 separate speakers. I disconnected one of the speakers and made the rookie mistake of not taping off the ends. I started the car to move it into the garage because it was raining and POP, the speaker leads shorted and now the amp is stuck in protect.

All fuses are fine and Multimeter tested. The amps stays in protect even with no rcas/speaker wires plugged in. Apparently the amp's external 2, 40 amp(not the power/ground fuses) fuses did squat to stop damage.

I took it apart. I see no visible damage. I am unsure of what to do to troubleshoot at this point. Ideas?

The Camry, has fucked up.
I have my Sax 150.4 4 channel amp hooked up too 4 separate speakers. I disconnected one of the speakers and made the rookie mistake of not taping off the ends. I started the car to move it into the garage because it was raining and POP, the speaker leads shorted and now the amp is stuck in protect.

All fuses are fine and Multimeter tested. The amps stays in protect even with no rcas/speaker wires plugged in. Apparently the amp's external 2, 40 amp(not the power/ground fuses) fuses did squat to stop damage.

I took it apart. I see no visible damage. I am unsure of what to do to troubleshoot at this point. Ideas?
You try hooking it up again sometimes you need to unhook power wait a bit and hook it back up and it comes out of protect. Other times not so much and you gotta have it repaired.

yeah always pull fuse at batt for 30 mins and try again before death declaration.. maybe even batt terminal let everything reset.. i know it ain't same thing but i ordered new firestick for my tv after it just wouldn't show up on tv anymore and i tried to update tv and all that spent $69 and was reading online tv help sites it said unplug tv to reset hdmi inputs i did and it worked in 10 seconds.. now i have brand new firestick still in box sitting here..

try unhooking everything and taking a speaker wire and jump the negative and positive sometimes this resets the amp circuitry. Good luck tho thats only worked for 1 out of 6 cases. Other cases are FUBAR lol.

Yea, ive tried like 20 different things. Im guessing i blew an output mosfet which is shorting an internal circuit and keeping it on protect. Im honestly just disappointed that the amp failed and didn't blow a fuse or anything instead. I kinda wanna be like..wtf Sundown but i guess its my own fault.

Think ima send it to a guy i know who fixes amps who will give me a great price on fixing it.

Yea, ive tried like 20 different things. Im guessing i blew an output mosfet which is shorting an internal circuit and keeping it on protect. Im honestly just disappointed that the amp failed and didn't blow a fuse or anything instead. I kinda wanna be like..wtf Sundown but i guess its my own fault.
Think ima send it to a guy i know who fixes amps who will give me a great price on fixing it.
Deff your fault and not sundowns fault.

Pretty sure ive tracked it down to a damaged mosfet as its way off in its resistance measurements when compared to the other mosfets. Now the question begs. How the heck do i pull this board to replace the Fets?

I guy named joscoyne made the exact same post in Diy said the exact that thing aswell same amp too...... Abt 48hrs ago, seems like a copy an paste, there was no need for 2 posts the same awnser you getting here you got in your 1st post, what you are trying to achieve?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I guy named joscoyne made the exact same post in Diy said the exact that thing aswell same amp too...... Abt 48hrs ago, seems like a copy an paste, there was no need for 2 posts the same awnser you getting here you got in your 1st post, what you are trying to achieve?
Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Cuz thats me. I posted here because this is an spl oriented forum(IE: Sundown) and i figured i coulda probably get some advice from people who have actually run Sundown and may have had to do some repairs. More eyes for more advice is never a bad thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.