Subwoofer running hot

Monsta720

US
Ok guys so Friday I traded my memphis mcd600.5 amp for a pos kicker 1000 watt amp. Now I was running my 2 cm12d4 12 inch Memphis mojos at 1 ohm coming out he box (2 ohm per sub). Well I looked up specs for this kicker amp and it's only a 2ohm so I only hooked up one sub. Well I've smelled my voice coil burning and took it out the box and the basket and magnet was super hot. Needless to say I took the amp and subs out the vehicle and won't be installing them back in until I get a better amp. Someone tell me this is just because it's a kicker amp? Need advice. I really don't like kicker to begin with and will be selling the amp soon

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Set the amp right. It's got nothing to do with being a kicker. They make some of the better amps.

It's probably happening because it's way more power then that Memphis and you are clipping the **** out of it.

Ok guys so Friday I traded my memphis mcd600.5 amp for a pos kicker 1000 watt amp. Now I was running my 2 cm12d4 12 inch Memphis mojos at 1 ohm coming out he box (2 ohm per sub). Well I looked up specs for this kicker amp and it's only a 2ohm so I only hooked up one sub. Well I've smelled my voice coil burning and took it out the box and the basket and magnet was super hot. Needless to say I took the amp and subs out the vehicle and won't be installing them back in until I get a better amp. Someone tell me this is just because it's a kicker amp? Need advice. I really don't like kicker to begin with and will be selling the amp soon
lol...then why did you trade it for a kicker amp to begin with if you don't like them?

Completely user error the sub/magnet/basket got hot. Never heard in all my years of car audio of sub baskets/magnets get hot. The name has nothing to do with it.

Because I didn't have a radio and I had plans to buy a radio with the $120 ?
turn gain down man, yeah u need 1 ohm stable mono amp to run both of those subs., 1 question are the subs in separate chambers cause if not and u wired 1 sub up in a box thats like 2.5 cf sealed then box is to big and u will mess sub up.. i used to sell memphis and idk what rms they are no, tell me and we can recommend some amps..

No it's a ported box and there the later version m3 mojo. I got black cones instead of the orange cones. It's a 15-mojo12d4

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

turn gain down man, yeah u need 1 ohm stable mono amp to run both of those subs., 1 question are the subs in separate chambers cause if not and u wired 1 sub up in a box thats like 2.5 cf sealed then box is to big and u will mess sub up.. i used to sell memphis and idk what rms they are no, tell me and we can recommend some amps..
He must have bassboost up. If it heated up fast an smelled strong its most prob that so make sure bassboost is off completely
Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Because I didn't have a radio and I had plans to buy a radio with the $120
if you used an LOC to get signal to the amp than thats one of your issues. The other would be improper settings and your electrical system cant support it. This is completely user error.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.