Pontiac Guys, Supercharger Upgrade?

Lol change modify a little not much ? How many of these swaps have you done ?? I've read into this a lot more them u think with v6 camaros and grand ams in the past .. Nothing is built to support that extra power and even getting the car to allow any more is decent cash ... I wouldn't bash people knowledge based on what they typed in a single thread .. I've built 2 mustangs up myself and worked around cars for years .. It's not a easy or cheap task he's looking at .. So I'm clueless about your last post bro
Not bashing anyone, was a question.. From what everyone is saying "doing it right" is going to cost a lot? That maybe be true if he's looking to push 8-14psi in it.. Superchargers are much more efficient than turbos, turbos need more boost to make the hp compared to a supercharger. that being said... If he is looking for something daily and enjoyable 5-6 psi on a SC is perfect for what he is looking for, Not saying im the greatest mechanic out there because I know I'm not even close. But I can make 5-6 psi on a stock 3.4 safely for under 2000.

Supercharger: 300-500

Tune: 250

Injectors for a gxp/gtp: 15 each on ebay 90-100 total

Intercooler with bov, 250-300

gaskets:100-150 from parts store.

other stuff like the belt and some bolts, can be found cheap at a junk. Not the belt lol

Probably around 1600-1700 i could get it done safely and right!!

Not trying to start beef but i've worked with a lot of turbo/superchargers

Not bashing anyone, was a question.. From what everyone is saying "doing it right" is going to cost a lot? That maybe be true if he's looking to push 8-14psi in it.. Superchargers are much more efficient than turbos, turbos need more boost to make the hp compared to a supercharger. that being said... If he is looking for something daily and enjoyable 5-6 psi on a SC is perfect for what he is looking for, Not saying im the greatest mechanic out there because I know I'm not even close. But I can make 5-6 psi on a stock 3.4 safely for under 2000.
Supercharger: 300-500

Tune: 250

Injectors for a gxp/gtp: 15 each on ebay 90-100 total

Intercooler with bov, 250-300

gaskets:100-150 from parts store.

other stuff like the belt and some bolts, can be found cheap at a junk. Not the belt lol

Probably around 1600-1700 i could get it done safely and right!!

Not trying to start beef but i've worked with a lot of turbo/superchargers
2,000$ is cheap to you ? And that's a best case scenario my Friend.. And pushing only 6lbs for 2,000$ that makes it a even bigger waist when stock they push way over double that safely with a tune or chip .. And then if you do push more power that torrent trans/drive train is not made to handle that at all .. So you just opened a whole new can of worms

2,000$ is cheap to you ? And that's a best case scenario my Friend.. And pushing only 6lbs for 2,000$ that makes it a even bigger waist when stock they push way over double that safely with a tune or chip .. And then if you do push more power that torrent trans/drive train is not made to handle that at all .. So you just opened a whole new can of worms
2k is cheap for a budget supercharger setup yes, And back to the daily thing. you are correct about the trans/drive train wont hold a **** ton of power. But again op said he wants something more enjoyable/daily. so therefore he is not shooting for 15psi, 15 psi on a supercharger is about the same as 25 or so with a turbo. I said 5-6psi on the 3.4 which would be somewhere between 12-16 with a turbo because of turbo lag and you have a faster response with a SC. Now 5-6psi on his motor takes it from a stock 185 to somewhere around 230-250hp that's a pretty **** good gain for under 2k that is also on the safe side as i said. when I say safe I mean that for the internals of the motor and head gaskets, also for the trans/ drive train. The stock motor and trans/ drive train can handle a 50-70hp increase without being punished.

Yeah, 2K is plenty reasonable. I'm not looking to take this thing to the strip, I just want to get my groceries fast. lulz

I bought it for very little money so I can afford to put a little more into it for a bit of added horsepower. Significantly more than a K&N filter would provide but not enough to break everything down the line. I figure when I have to get in there and replace the cam sensor I can throw in some metal head gaskets if need be, but if you guys don't think the drivetrain on this thing will want to see more HP than what 5 pounds of boost will produce, it probably won't be necessary.

Thanks for the list, Austin. I noticed that didn't include a fuel pump upgrade, that feasible?

Yeah, 2K is plenty reasonable. I'm not looking to take this thing to the strip, I just want to get my groceries fast. lulz
I bought it for very little money so I can afford to put a little more into it for a bit of added horsepower. Significantly more than a K&N filter would provide but not enough to break everything down the line. I figure when I have to get in there and replace the cam sensor I can throw in some metal head gaskets if need be, but if you guys don't think the drivetrain on this thing will want to see more HP than what 5 pounds of boost will produce, it probably won't be necessary.

Thanks for the list, Austin. I noticed that didn't include a fuel pump upgrade, that feasible?
Have you considered exhaust upgrades?

no problem, as fas as the fuel pump goes I would do one and thanks for pointing that out. you might be able to use a walbro 255, they are mostly universal, but I would want to do some research on you're stock pump before doing so. the pumps are anywhere from 40-90 bucks on ebay.

Have you considered exhaust upgrades?
I will probably need to at some point. Good for a little torque, anyhow. I don't like loud, though. Throaty but quiet would be ideal, if that makes sense.
I just don't want this to become a project car, or have it look like I actually like Torrents, Pontiacs, or GM anything. Putting stupid light kits on it, stickers, and all that other immature garbage. It's plain and clean, just want to keep it that way. Maybe have someone say "I didn't think a Torrent would be that fast" in the sleeper sense. Nothing big.

Oh boy... I might be a fanboy afterall. Can't help but think that Torrent would look pretty nice with these Buick rims.

2012_buick_regal_gs_rearangle.jpg

I will probably need to at some point. Good for a little torque, anyhow. I don't like loud, though. Throaty but quiet would be ideal, if that makes sense.
I just don't want this to become a project car, or have it look like I actually like Torrents, Pontiacs, or GM anything. Putting stupid light kits on it, stickers, and all that other immature garbage. It's plain and clean, just want to keep it that way. Maybe have someone say "I didn't think a Torrent would be that fast" in the sleeper sense. Nothing big.

Oh boy... I might be a fanboy afterall. Can't help but think that Torrent would look pretty nice with these Buick rims.

2012_buick_regal_gs_rearangle.jpg
My car is the very definition of sleeper sound system-wise... 2001 Lincoln continental, only exterior upgrades is HID headlights (aimed properly as to not blind all other drivers) and LED switchback blinkers. Then, I added my system and yeah... Trunk kid vibrates like no tomorrow and the sunroof leaks if it's wet out and I'm bumpin

no problem, as fas as the fuel pump goes I would do one and thanks for pointing that out. you might be able to use a walbro 255, they are mostly universal, but I would want to do some research on you're stock pump before doing so. the pumps are anywhere from 40-90 bucks on ebay.
Appreciate the input!

2k is cheap for a budget supercharger setup yes, And back to the daily thing. you are correct about the trans/drive train wont hold a **** ton of power. But again op said he wants something more enjoyable/daily. so therefore he is not shooting for 15psi, 15 psi on a supercharger is about the same as 25 or so with a turbo. I said 5-6psi on the 3.4 which would be somewhere between 12-16 with a turbo because of turbo lag and you have a faster response with a SC. Now 5-6psi on his motor takes it from a stock 185 to somewhere around 230-250hp that's a pretty **** good gain for under 2k that is also on the safe side as i said. when I say safe I mean that for the internals of the motor and head gaskets, also for the trans/ drive train. The stock motor and trans/ drive train can handle a 50-70hp increase without being punished.
No that trans and **** will not handle 70hp gain just fine lol .. Where are you getting this info. .. And 2,000$ is a best case scenario ... I'm not gunna sit and argue bottom line no it's not cheap / practical or smart to do to a daily car unless you plan to do a hell of a lot to support it all

Supercharging a torrent is like supercharging my Taurus. Only one person has done it and he spent thousands (more than a few) and a ton of labor doing it.

And it's still slow, because... ITS STILL NOT GOT ANY HORSEPOWER. If you want a fast SUV, go buy a Trailblazer SS and call it a day. You'll be saving money in the end and going faster.

Supercharging a torrent is like supercharging my Taurus. Only one person has done it and he spent thousands (more than a few) and a ton of labor doing it.
And it's still slow, because... ITS STILL NOT GOT ANY HORSEPOWER. If you want a fast SUV, go buy a Trailblazer SS and call it a day. You'll be saving money in the end and going faster.
I am not going to disagree with this, in all my previous posted I never said he was going to get an amazing amount of hp or speed but a little. But I do agree fast suv= trailblazer ss or Jeep srt8 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

MMS 3400 Powertrain Control Module (PCM) - Milzy Motorsports

call mms they know everything about the 3.4 (not a big fan). I own a pontiac grand prix turbo rebuilt everything dyno 452hp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

atleast get A canned pcm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.