The bass was SO LOUD that....

WhatsAminiTruck

Senior VIP Member
.... it rattled the lug nuts off.

1501840_10202095305375816_443686695_n.jpg

Lmfao, I had been trying to figure out what the god awful noise was for about two days. It literally sounded like I was dragging my transmission around. I crawled under the truck multiple times to check the undercarriage because the sound was scary loud. But I didn't find anything out of place. It never crossed my mind that it could of been coming from the rims.

I had just about given up and was about to take it up to the local mechanic, when I noticed a lug nut sitting next to my tire. I walked over to "wtf" at it, and I saw the view above lmao.

I'm glad my tire didn't fall off on the free way or something!

Getting a new set of rims tomorrow... my current set was mismatched and rusty anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

"Regular Maintenance & General Checks"

↑ Google it. ;-)

On another note, my friend's brother in law had a friend who's brother in law had two CVRs in a sealed box that blew out the windshield of a car that was in another time zone.

True story. And he did it playing "Rock and Roll Band" by Boston.

Ok, either this is a joke or you are driving around in a hoopty. F**k the lug nuts rattling off, your rims are rustier than the bottom of an old can of barbasol and the holes for the bolts are peeling away.
The lug nuts rattling off was the joke, yes. >_>

That WAS a spare tire that I recently put on lol. I guess I hadn't torqued them hard enough and they wiggled themselves loose. I have no idea how the holes got that bad in less than a week, because they weren't like that when I put the rim on xD

you ruff bastard..... couldn't you feel it through the steering wheel when driving it?
I knew something was terribly wrong the second it started... I had the system cranked pretty high, and I could still here it cleary through the music AND deadener. I immedietly stopped and spent 30 minutes looking at the UNDERCARRIAGE. lol, I never would of thought to look at the rims... they were the last thing on my mind. But it wasn't impeding my movement, and I had **** to do so I was like whatever xD

The only thing some Memphis pr's are knocking loose is the dustcaps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

By the looks of it they've been loose for a while!!!
I don't know, I'm just glad I found it before they sheered off completely lol. It was time for a new set anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The new ones look mean! I have to get a small lift kit to fit them though >_

The only thing some Memphis pr's are knocking loose is the dustcaps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

LMAO Aint that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But man seriously, I am glad for you that you did not lose the wheel at highway speeds, etc. you could have killed yourself and/or others around you :eek:

LMAO Aint that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But man seriously, I am glad for you that you did not lose the wheel at highway speeds, etc. you could have killed yourself and/or others around you :eek:
I am as well.

I'm really surprised the studs didn't break off being that loose.wow lol really lucky bro
If I had driven any farther, they most likely would have. There was less than half of the actual stud left (width wise).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.