Polyfill in sealed doors???

Participant count
  • Participant list
Pwx is a great midbass woofer.
how do you define great? Its efficient and you get them loud as crap. On the other hand its a 8" sub that doesnt do well past 80 hz and sound Ok doing it. The OP is trying to get midbass out of a speaker that doesnt do true midbass that well. Thats the issue he is having even with all the door treatments and being sealed up.

how do you define great? Its efficient and you get them loud as crap. On the other hand its a 8" sub that doesnt do well past 80 hz and sound Ok doing it. The OP is trying to get midbass out of a speaker that doesnt do true midbass that well. Thats the issue he is having even with all the door treatments and being sealed up.

What frequency range is generally considered mid bass? Or what frequency range is the kick drum playing at? Im assuming that the kick drum is generally what you want your mid bass speakers playing well.

Last I checked he isn't running it as strictly a midbass woofer... Both those comments just contradicted each other.

"Its an 8" sub that doesn't do well past 80hz"
"Its a pro audio midrange that is a bad idea for mid bass"

Which is it? I ran them. Not the best sounding in midrange but they weren't terrible. Mid bass was very good on them and they would play under 80hz no problem and with authority.

Yea, i would love to see some pics on how you installed em.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.56.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.56.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.56.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.57.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.57.36 PM.png

Last I checked he isn't running it as strictly a midbass woofer... Both those comments just contradicted each other.

Which is it? I ran them. Not the best sounding in midrange but they weren't terrible. Mid bass was very good on them and they would play under 80hz no problem and with authority.
read my post again, slowly this time

Glad they are working for you. I certainly didnt mean to mix up subs and midbass. OP is saying he doent like the midbass response out of them, I would agree with that. They are PA speakers by design and they usually dont excel in the midbass region. I would assume he is not happy with the we will call it 50hz to 100hz region. I was just pointing out that each time I have heard them, they didnt seem to do well below 80hz, which any 8" in a properly done door should be able to do easily . We have a shop near me that has installed them. I have heard a few of the cars they have done. The music is loud but not very balanced. You hear screaming highs and huge low end as they usually do multiple sub systems. They do a lot of old school cars and those guys love them. I also get that, its a top down in the summer whole block can hear me from a mile away thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.