POLL! What brand of deck do you feel is the most popular?

Which Brand of deck do you feel is the most popular of all time?

• KENWOOD

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ALPINE

Votes: 33 46.5%
  • ECLIPSE

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • CLARION

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PIONEER

Votes: 27 38.0%

• Total voters
Oh come on man........don't hate. My next deck will be less aesthetically pleasing than any eclipse ever made and rest assured it will out perform any Eclipse ever made.
LOL your next deck will be less aesthetically pleasing than any Eclipse ever made eh? A bit contraditory to say the least...

And I wont even ask what your next deck is going to be, because out performing any Eclipse ever made is not going to happen as easily as you make it sound. And if your next HU is soooooo great please explain (in detail) why it's so much better than the top of the line Eclipse decks.

Squeak: I know a lot of people on these forums find the Eclipse decks appealing to the eye (I'm definitely one of them) but there just isn't enuff buttons or lights for the young teens of today, if you know what I mean, at least that is my opinion.

LOL your next deck will be less aesthetically pleasing than any Eclipse ever made eh? A bit contraditory to say the least...
And I wont even ask what your next deck is going to be, because out performing any Eclipse ever made is not going to happen as easily as you make it sound. And if your next HU is soooooo great please explain (in detail) why it's so much better than the top of the line Eclipse decks.
First of all, my next deck will be the DEX-P9. No bells, no whistles, or slide shows. Just a plain blue display with a black background. I happen to like this look but I also like colorful displays as well. I'm moving up to a P9 simply for the quality of the deck.

I'll list whatever reasons come to mind that make it better than any Eclipse model.

- Copper plated chassis

- 4v pre outs

- dual 24bit burr brown d/a converters

- NO internal amplifier to cut down on heat dissipation and leave room for a bigger output stage

- digital input

- digital output (which I will use to connect to the DEQ-P9)

This is all I can think of at the moment. This model is comparable to the Clarion DRZ-9255.

-Adam

hahaha those specs on that deck have been in production since 1999 with the alpine 7949. It has a copper chassis, optical out, 4v preouts tested at 5v, no internal amp ect.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif simple no frills and can be found for $175 in good shape //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hahaha those specs on that deck have been in production since 1999 with the alpine 7949. It has a copper chassis, optical out, 4v preouts tested at 5v, no internal amp ect.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
First of all these are "features" not specs. Second of all just because has those features doesn't mean they will meat up to the specs to justify it being a high performing deck. The Alpine, Pioneer, and Clarion flagships all have those features but they also have great specs and performance. I challenge you to find a P9 for that little money.

simple no frills and can be found for $175 in good shape //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've never seen a deck of that amplitude go for that little in good shape. I've seen older Pioneer ODR decks on ebay that went for twice as much. So I think you're talking a little shyt on that statement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I change 25% of the vote with the 5 alpines ive owned; with the 20th post on this thread.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

First of all these are "features" not specs. Second of all just because has those features doesn't mean they will meat up to the specs to justify it being a high performing deck. The Alpine, Pioneer, and Clarion flagships all have those features but they also have great specs and performance. I challenge you to find a P9 for that little money.

I've never seen a deck of that amplitude go for that little in good shape. I've seen older Pioneer ODR decks on ebay that went for twice as much. So I think you're talking a little shyt on that statement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
My 7949 in 99% mint condition that has been in car less than 1 1/2 years sold for $200.00 the other day which is what they go for. An no I would not take your challenge to find your pio for $175, that is the point //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I saw it on ebay for a ton of cash when the alpine flagship of a few years back with similar specs as in the 7949 or 7969 both can be had for sub $300 or sub $200!

i voted alpine.....i hated them in the late 80's early 90's, cuz that is what everyone had. i personally ran a yamaha. but i love and miss my cda7894....just an awesome deck.

but after reading the initial post..i'd say pioneer is the most popular of all time. one reason is walmart, radio shack kmart, cc and bb all carry pioneer. they can be had anywhere for just about any price.

as too the eclipse vs whoever......i've only seen one eclipse deck EVER with any kind of problem. it was an 5335 (or something along them lines) i was told that that model had a knack for skipping and every once on awhile u could find one that didn't. it was an un-internal amped version.

eclipse will never win this kind of arguement because u don't get the same amount of features for the price....i paid $425 for my alpine a few years ago..to get na eclipse with the same features would have put me in the $650 range. btw...i will be getting an eclipse 3434 tomorrow.....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

ok, but I still don't see how this means this deck does NOT out perform any Eclipse deck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

alot of flagship decks had a copper chasis, my c-90 does and my 1999 flagship eclipse had it. my c-90 also has the fiber out and the volume control WONT send out a clipped signal as its also the only deck i know of that its face plate has its own power supply. the only drawback to the sony peice is its eq's are parametric and are computer adjusted so it will take a little more time to adjust.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...