POLL! What brand of deck do you feel is the most popular?

Which Brand of deck do you feel is the most popular of all time?

• KENWOOD

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ALPINE

Votes: 33 46.5%
  • ECLIPSE

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • CLARION

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PIONEER

Votes: 27 38.0%

• Total voters
done a few times before but hey i get a free post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

pioneer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif (never owned anything else)

Thought it would be fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Then narrow it down to the most popular deck of all time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

popular to who? lil' kids? cheap people? name association a/k/a heard/seen it on mtv?

popular as in prominent in pop culture?

And what does 'most popular 'of all time' imply to? Very few have been doing this since the 70's....

To clerify I mean a combination of highest sales, resale value, reliability, features ect.. Overall the company that has been doing it right the longest and not cutting nasty corners on there lower end product line, but offering a quality product thoughout the product line //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I voted Pioneer cause that's what I've always used and liked. Never let me or anyone I know down.

Eclipse makes good stuff, but I don't think they'll ever live down the "E-skip" era that plagues them. That and a lot of people are having some pretty bad problems with turn on/off pop with last years offerings (specifically the 8443).

Kenwood ***** ass, plain and simple. Had one of their HU's break 5 times in 6 months....stupid POS

most popular manufacuter isnt even listed lol but over all pioneer should have this easy with whats listed. best deck of all time (as a measuring stick) would be the alpine 7909. back in the 80's kenwood was pretty good now they are very complex and have tooooo many moving parts

hmmm so far my vote went to alpine. We still have around 5-6 80's and 90's alpine decks running strong with only 1 going bad "due to a 44 ouncer hitting the dash when the brakes were hit hard to avoid a crash, dumped a few ounces into the tape slot haha!".

Out of the 3 pioneer decks we have only 1 from the late 90's that is going great in my dads camp trailor. He loves it. The rest died if natural causes

I had a few eclipse decks in the late 90's when they first became "eclipse" and do not get me started on those peices of crap. I know they have come along ways but the early units should have been used as poor oem replacements only for toyota.

had one clarion cd player from 2000, hated it but it worked until the day it sold and shipped to some kid.

I had allot of the early Kenwood excelon, however ya spell it decks. All from 99-01. Man I LOVED those decks. They rocked! I liked them just as much as the alpines I was running at the time. Sad to see kenwood going the way of swapmart looking decks and amps. The older stuff had class an potential.

Eclipse makes good stuff, but I don't think they'll ever live down the "E-skip" era that plagues them. That and a lot of people are having some pretty bad problems with turn on/off pop with last years offerings (specifically the 8443).
Turn on/off pop? What's the deal with that? I've never heard of that nor had any problems whatsoever with my 8443. The only reason Eclipse will never be the most popular as far as pop-culture and overall sales etc. is because not many people have ever heard of them and most local shops don't sell them. Another reason is because they aren't as aesthetically pleasing as some others such as the Alpines or Pioneers.

Oh come on man........don't hate. My next deck will be less aesthetically pleasing than any eclipse ever made and rest assured it will out perform any Eclipse ever made.

Truth of the matter is this. Pioneer will always be more popular than Eclipse for one reason...........they've been around alot longer. Thats not to say Eclipse makes awful stuff. Its also not to say that Pioneer hasn't put out great products all those years either. I can tell you first hand that they have. I've owned about 15 decks in my days (1 - Eclipse) (1 - Alpine) (1- Denon) and the rest were Pioneer so you can say I go with what I trust.

Turn on/off pop? What's the deal with that? I've never heard of that nor had any problems whatsoever with my 8443. The only reason Eclipse will never be the most popular as far as pop-culture and overall sales etc. is because not many people have ever heard of them and most local shops don't sell them. Another reason is because they aren't as aesthetically pleasing as some others such as the Alpines or Pioneers.
he's refering to a handful of people at ECA that may have had this problem- my 8443 has been great to date in a years a use- I can easily find hundreds of recent threads of people having problems with various Pioneer models if I start searching through forums- there will always be some bad apples out, particularly now in the internet sales era and the amount of newbs that probably take it upon themselves to wire them into their cars half assed

BTW I voted Pioneer as the most popular.....well because they are and are the 'cheapest' and do a poor job in restricting their stuff

Turn on/off pop? What's the deal with that? I've never heard of that nor had any problems whatsoever with my 8443.
There have been quite a few people that I know both locally and in internet world that have been having problems eliminating the turn on/off pop in those units.

Another reason is because they aren't as aesthetically pleasing as some others such as the Alpines or Pioneers.
Blasphemy! I actually like the look of the Eclipse units better than most Pioneer/Alpine units

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...