Polk MOMO? Infinity Reference?

bumpinthanite
10+ year member

i like cars. a lot.
I am looking to upgrade from my coaxials (kappas) to some components. I have had the Polk MOMO and the Infinity Reference reccomended to me, and both sound nice. Does anyone have any opinions on these two? or any experience with the two...

Also, due to the cost of components and amp needed, I was wondering if it would sound good if I just had the components up front and kept my Kappas in the back of the car. I just wanna know if the sound would be significantly better, w/o having to change the back speakers too. The car is a 2000 Cougar, so it's small inside, if that makes any difference to you guys

Thanks a lot.

=-= colin-=-

most people will only run front componet speakers. and leave the back regular.... you do have subs correct??? but anyways if your going to stick to infinity i would either go with kappa perfects or MOMO's they would be your higher end infinity componets. personally i would choose the perfects if that makes a difference to you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Personally I like the soft highs of the Infinity Reference series from a couple years back. I have a set of 6-1/2" component sets in my doors and a set of 5-1/4" coaxials on the rear deck. The sound on them is so rich and clean. To me the Kappa series sound ok....but a shrill for my tastes. Kinda reminds me of how cheap Piezo tweeters sound when their turned up too high. I say go with some of the older style Reference components....the ones with the silk dome tweeter.

I have a set of polk momo's mm6's. I love the sound of them. They are bright on the highs (as stated above, Infinity highs are a bit softer), but that's what I prefer.

I definitely found them miles beyond other speaks i listened to...but that's just mho. happy shopping.

Why not just amp the kappas you have right now. It would be the cheapest route and you would still have great speakers.

Well I just got rid of my infinity references. The mids on them ****. These CDT HDs are like a night and day difference. Between the two I woukd go with kicker components over the infinity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.