Speaker vs Comp advice for audi

Participant count
  • Participant list

lombardo
10+ year member

bass massage
I have an audi A6. WITHOUT the bose system. I've finally installed my brahma and would like to upgrade my speakers. The setup is something like this. Front and rear have tweeters and a midbass driver. The tweeters are very harsh and the mids have the ability to hit the low freq's without very much bump and with a lot of vibrations. I'm not sure the size of the mid's but the tweeters i believe are 1". Could anyone reccomend some comps or speakers (i'm not sure what i have or the the difference is) and an Amp to power them. I'm looking at using the same places for the speakers. I was thinking maybe adire kodas in the back? and something else upfront that is not so harsh. I'll spend about 750 on speakers and amp.

I also need to keep the head unit as it interacts with the dashboard and i don't want my mom to find out that i threw down on some more "useless crap that creates accidents". Bless her heart she cares for me, but honestly....

I recommend something cheap but that sounds just as great.

Like infinity, along those lines. No need in spending 400 on a set when 250 or so will get you some that will sound just as great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.