Participant count
  • Participant list

momeigs

Makeshift Bass-head
Went to startup the car and before I could even connect to my headunit to play music, all of my speakers (besides my subs) blew. There was a thumping noise coming from the subs during the fiasco. The tweeters were making a loud clipping noise. Smoke started to come up from the front door speakers. Turned the car off and restarted it, no music from the speakers but only bass from the subs. Otw home I noticed my voltage dropping down to 12v when accelerating and jumping up to around 13v when at a cruise and 14v when stopped. I know this is a long read but I NEED HELP!!

Went to startup the car and before I could even connect to my headunit to play music, all of my speakers (besides my subs) blew. There was a thumping noise coming from the subs during the fiasco. The tweeters were making a loud clipping noise. Smoke started to come up from the front door speakers. Turned the car off and restarted it, no music from the speakers but only bass from the subs. Otw home I noticed my voltage dropping down to 12v when accelerating and jumping up to around 13v when at a cruise and 14v when stopped. I know this is a long read but I NEED HELP!!
Just in case, my setup is (2) 6.5 elite series components (2) silk dome tweeters (2) 6x9 elite series coaxial (1) 400w 4 channel all Skar Audio.

First thought is ANC (active noise canceling) feedback loop. What's the year, make, and model?

We also need more details about your audio gear, specifically whether this was a new install before you started the car that day, whether you did the install, and how the gains were set. Also whether the subwoofer sounded healthy afterward or if it was playing notes above its normal range and having random spikes of volume?

Given that it started when the car did and it changed with speed it's either power related or ANC related.

Last edited:
First thought is ANC (active noise canceling) feedback loop. What's the year, make, and model?

We also need more details about your audio gear, specifically whether this was a new install before you started the car that day, whether you did the install, and how the gains were set. Also whether the subwoofer sounded healthy afterward or if it was playing notes above its normal range and having random spikes of volume?

Given that it started when the car did and it changed with speed it's either power related or ANC related.
Ok so it’s a 2001 Honda Accord and the setup is newer. It’s been in the car for less than a year and i’ve ran it pretty hard since it’s been put in. Never had a problem with the power, i have a mechman high output alt and big 3. The sub amp is an RP-1500.1D powering two sdr 12s. After restarting the car I noticed the speakers weren’t playing music but the subs were just playing whatever bass was in the music, non of the bass sounded abnormal. The only thing that changed with speed was the voltage but since then it hasn’t changed at all. It was only on the drive home. Got back in the car later and the voltage was steady at around 14.3v.

The gains were set incorrect the first time and ended up blowing one sub due to clipping. Then the gains were set by my audio shop with a Steave Meade DD1.

If your mids and highs amps didn't fail to cause this problem it's probably hosed now. Please verify integrity of ALL of the speaker wire and RCA source going to that amp to make sure something there shorting wasn't the cause of this problem.

If your mids and highs amps didn't fail to cause this problem it's probably hosed now. Please verify integrity of ALL of the speaker wire and RCA source going to that amp to make sure something there shorting wasn't the cause of this problem.
Ok, i’m going to check everything today and see what’s up. Thanks for the help guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.