Wiring help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Abel2

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
I have a 00 Cherokee, and the system goes front tweeters, driver door 6x9 and 2nd row 6 1/2 ... With only front and rear options on fader, that would have me wiring my tweeters with my 6x9s ... Maybe I'm over thinking it but when I set my cover will it throw things off wiring two opposite speaker types to the same channel? And a 6 1/2 is a better option? What are some ideas or what do seasoned veterans do?

I had a '99 Grand Cherokee with the same system. The 6x9's and the Tweeters are integrated unless you run a separate wire to them, so if you are hooking them to the head unit wiring harness both will be putting out sound.. I used Stinger 9 Wire when I installed an amp that has all the speaker wires and remote turn on wire in it to the back of the deck o and into the aftermarket wiring harness since I wasn't going to be pushing much wattage into them. What you do is instead of wiring in the speakers to the head unit you are connecting the Stinger wire to it instead so the amplifier can be used and you do not have to run individual wires to each speaker location. Which I can tell you on those vehicles it can be a PITA! The stock wiring can handle quite a bit actually without a problem. Mine was 70x4, in the rear I had 6.5s as well.

Not sure what you are using for a head unit but aftermarket would be a needed upgrade. Also budget would be something to think about. You can use 6.5 components in the 6x9 locations which I also did at one point until they blew then just went 6x9's till I sold the vehicle. What I did there was install the 6.5 components in a speaker adapter and just disconnected the tweeters at their location. I also added in a set of 2.5" aftermarket speakers that are made strictly for that space and used the stock wiring. Yes it took away from the wattage the 6.5 component getting but it did help overall.

Yes I got an aftermarket deck, Alpine CDE-147BT which goes 50 * 4 so not a whole lot either. Then I'm running a small 2 channel 300 watt amp (bridged) to a 12in Rockford fosgate P3.... Cab speakers and tweeters just run off the deck... So the Alpine has a total of three sets of RCA outputs... two sets for speaker outputs and then a single set RCA for a subwoofer output. But I've been tossing around the idea of takin that two channel 300 watt amp and just running my whole cab all six speakers as a left to right no fader front and back and then getting a new amp for the sub... That's why I was curious as to how the wiring to those tweeters should work if I was pushing more power and if I run them all as a one or two channel how I would adjust my crossover.

I'm not too up to speed on RCA wiring and wattage distribution, so I figured this was a good place to find out... Another thing is if my Alpine deck is 50x4 and I add an RCA out to an amp to run my 6x9s and 6 1/2 I would still have the 4 channels and 50 watts from the deck, correct??then I could go six total channels correct.Two coming off the amp and the four from my original deck correct? Or does the power sent thru the RCA's take from the other 4 channels? Thanks for responses by the way...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.