Please help :(

i measured 14.4 volts on my battery and i have a voltage meter plugged into my ciggarette lighter it says 14.3-14.4 volts
what do you mean check my voltage at the input of the subs amp? just stick the probes of the DMM to the RCA input jacks on the sub amp and see if theres any signal? how would it get signal though if there is no RCA feeding signal into the amp?

my remote is fine my amp is on, power and ground is also in properly

this is pissing me off so much
its not the remote if the remote was bad it would either not turn on or not turn off.

see if u can get a volt reading at the rca inputs while there connected and have someone adjust the volume and see if u get a reading there. if u are then try to get a reading on the rca outputs. if u r getting a reading at the input but not the output then u have an output issue on the board since ur not getting a volts reading on the speaker out either

Dont measure your voltage at your battery. Measure it at the + going into the amp. Maybe you are getting loss or short or something in the cable and your amp isn't seeing the 14.4 volts for some reason causing it to go into the protect. Maybe enough power for it to turn on but not really operate without shutting itself off to prevent damage

Don't get too frustrated over this, we all go through it. Your bound to find the root of the problem by process of isolation and elimination. If I were you I would disconnect the battery for at least 5 minutes for a system reset. Check the fuse on the amp as well as the fuse on the main lead out from your positive battery terminal. I doubt your amp would be on if either one was blown. I wonder if this has anything to do with the wiring of your speakers (signal cross and block). The reason I say this is because recently I went to have my 4ohm speakers wired to 2ohm, I was naive enough to actually let a trainee help and he wired one wrong, and the fuse blew on my amp. Never let anyone that has to look at a manual touch your stuff. Worse, never let anyone that hasn't looked at a manual touch your stuff.

Does your car have a factory amplifier, are you tapped into the speaker wires after this amplifier , some of the factory amplifiers have HPF built in and LOC 's will not work on the subwoofers unless you tap into them above stream, but I have no clue why that would make the amp go into protect unless you put to much input voltage through the input trying to make it work

Does your car have a factory amplifier, are you tapped into the speaker wires after this amplifier , some of the factory amplifiers have HPF built in and LOC 's will not work on the subwoofers unless you tap into them above stream, but I have no clue why that would make the amp go into protect unless you put to much input voltage through the input trying to make it work
i tried speaking to a guy at audiocontrol about this issue and he too told me the samew thing. but i dont have a factory amplifier in my car.

the thing is i had my other sound system working perfectly fine, last month i sent out my audiocontrol unit out for repair and then i got it back and no sub working

ON THE OTHER HAND!!!!!!!!

THE LAST TIME I HAD A SUB WORKING WAS BEFORE MY SOUNDSTREAM TARANTULA AMP GOT MESSED UP!!!!

my car battery was dead and i heard a popping boom sound from my subs and thats when my amp went into protection mode..... (the old soundstream)

anyone have any ideas? maybe my headunit is messsed up not giving the full range of signal anymore?

any insight to my last post?
Well by process of elimination/isolation if you still have not been able to pin-point the problem I would take it to a professional. Not talking about best-buy or circuit city either. Most independent shops will at least evaluate your problem for free. I go to my shop here in gwinnett and they do work for me free at times. I haven't even had to pay for wire or the work, but then I know these ppl. They don't ask for anything (for simple work or evaluations) but I sweep the floor when there are tons of clippings/screws/wire from previous installs and throw abandoned sub-enclosures away. These people would let me hang out to learn during installs, it's definitely and extended family vibe going on there. They know you, they see you and everyone is excited about what car - audio is about. It's kind of a hard to kill common thrill.

I'd take it to a professional at this point. Not talking about best-buy or circuit city either. Most independent shops will at least evaluate your problem for free. I go to my shop here in gwinnett and they do free work for me all the time if it's easy. I haven't even had to pay for wire or the work, but then I know these ppl. They don't ask for anything but I sweep the floor when there are tons of clippings on the floor from previous installs and throw abandoned subboxes away. These people would let me hang out to learn during installs because we have common interests.
yeah best buy wanted 60 bucks an hour to trouble shoot,

some other real audio shops wanted 75 bucks an hour for hourly rate

@RoYALbLUE08 I have since edited my post. Re-read it when you can. I think I had best buy install my car stereo, but that's it. Actually the price was not bad, but really for evaluations (if you have not been able to pin-point the problem by process of elimination/isolation) I would take it to an independent shop. Unless they are jerky, they should at be able to give you an evaluation free.

[quote name='Jaguar']@RoYALbLUE08 I have since edited my post. Re-read it when you can. I think I had best buy install my car stereo, but that's it. Actually the price was not bad, but really for evaluations (if you have not been able to pin-point the problem by process of elimination/isolation) I would take it to an independent shop. Unless they are jerky, they should at be able to give you an evaluation free. [/QUOTE]

im going to do one last thing before i bring it to the pros, well 2.

maybe some POSSIBLE way my amp is messed up (highly doubt that since i just got 2 brand new amps from sonics) so i will try to return it and get a new one.

thats one thing, but before that, i am going to completely re-do every wire in my car and connect it back and see what happens, will check my ground wire and my fuses AGAIN. if that doesnt work i possibly think my headunit is shot (not giving full range of signals) but before i buy a headunit i will try to see what the pros say

maybe some POSSIBLE way my amp is messed up (highly doubt that since i just got 2 brand new amps from sonics) so i will try to return it and get a new one.

thats one thing, but before that, i am going to completely re-do every wire in my car and connect it back and see what happens, will check my ground wire and my fuses AGAIN. if that doesnt work i possibly think my headunit is shot (not giving full range of signals) but before i buy a headunit i will try to see what the pros say
If u already checked the fuses, voltage @ amp, and wires and everything its ok, I would 1st bypass everything to the amp. In other words, try hooking up an Ipod or portable player to the amp inputs making sure you turn the gain on the amp all the way up and down and see what it does. If Problem persist, then you know for sure it's the amp! If the amp works now, I 'd then hook up the main outputs, not the sub outputs, from the lc2i to the sub amp and check what happens... If amp still works by then, I'd send that Audio control back to get fixed again. But before doing that, I'd check the Accubass treshold; maybe either your giving too much, or not enough volts to the sub amp inputs.

Double post...

Recheck your grounds I think you'll find the answer
I agree with this statement. A poor ground can cause a lot of issues, and headaches, especially when you think your grounds are secure yet they really aren't. A poor ground was the first issue I faced when hooking up a system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.