Please help :(

Some amps power lights are powered by the remote wire. I have not seen where you checked to make sure that you are getting power from the power wire AT THE AMP. As, as was already stated, hook an mp3 player up to the amp direct. Just to make sure the amp is working. Then use a test signal, like a 60hz sine wave, and start at the front/hu and measure the voltage. See where you are loosing it.

Some amps power lights are powered by the remote wire. I have not seen where you checked to make sure that you are getting power from the power wire AT THE AMP. As, as was already stated, hook an mp3 player up to the amp direct. Just to make sure the amp is working. Then use a test signal, like a 60hz sine wave, and start at the front/hu and measure the voltage. See where you are loosing it.

so what is the verdict???

i bypassed the headunit and everything that had to do with the car connected to the amp

i plugged in my iphone with an rca directly into the amp and it played VERY low and when i barely turned on the volume to like 1/4 of the way it goes into protect mode... my power wire is very secure and my ground wire i just took it out completely, sanded down the chassis more and reconnected very tight.... so now what could be the problem?

this is the second brand new amp i tried from sonic electronix completely sealed and both the same issue... so theres 2 things its either somehow the amp again, or the power and ground cables, which makes no sense at all for it to be the wires, i just re-checked the fuse and re-did the ground (0 gauge wire) and i have the big 3 upgrade done too, i checked the voltage AT the amp by plugging in my DMM probes to the 12v power wire and the ground and it said the amp is recieving 14.2-14.4 volts

any ideas guys before i pull the plug on this and pay shipping for a new amp again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Before paying for shipping I would see if a friend has an amp that they would let you borrow to test out. If everything was working fine before and now it is doing this and you have done all the correct measurements, there isn't really anything outside of the amp that would be causing that. You did a pretty good job of listening to the recommendations and isolating the problem. Just normally you don't see two amps bad like that in a row. Maybe just bad luck. But try one more and save your money if possible.

I would also make a video if possible of you testing it and showing what it does so that you have proof before you ship it out of what it is doing just to cover your ***. Maybe load it onto here and someone can see something and give further guidance

Just my two cents on this , hopefully someone has some more advice to offer. Did you replace the fuse on the amps? I seriously doubt an entire amp could be blown for no reason, let alone two. The only way I know that the speaker terminals (not the speaker wire holders, the sub in terminals) on the amps would not work is if there was negative feedback from having the wiring wrong (even for an instance) on the speakers. That will short out an amp and you would have to replace the fuse in under 5 seconds. Btw, I heard sonicelectronix sells refurbished goods as new, I hate to add to your frustration because we all know problems can be frustrating, but thought id let you know what I heard. Having said this, I seriously doubt two amps even refurbished would go/be bad like that. It's not an amp issue if you ask me, It's a wiring issue which caused the amp issue.

The only other mistake I could possibly think of that would cause this problem is if you hooked up your ground to where the power line is supposed to go or vice versa. If the wiring is the same, watch it.

The only other mistake I could possibly think of that would cause this problem is if you hooked up your ground to where the power line is supposed to go or vice versa. If the wiring is the same, watch it.
the wiring is correct. power from battery into 12v on amp terminal and ground right next to it lol. i know how to wire a system, but i just can't seem to find the problem. I will have to try one more amplifier to see if it works, its on my boat so i will have to take it out. its an alpine mrp-m500, so we will see probably next week

as you turn the gain up on the amp how bad does your voltage go down? ive had a fuse half blow a few time to where it would read 14.4v but as soon as i had any major drawn the amp would protect from low voltage.

as you turn the gain up on the amp how bad does your voltage go down? ive had a fuse half blow a few time to where it would read 14.4v but as soon as i had any major drawn the amp would protect from low voltage.
that very much sounds like what is happening to me! my fuse looks fine though so im not exactly sure (the fuse on the wires touched(not connected to the amp so the amp fuses should be fine)

should i just buy a new 250 amp fuse?

that very much sounds like what is happening to me! my fuse looks fine though so im not exactly sure (the fuse on the wires touched(not connected to the amp so the amp fuses should be fine)
should i just buy a new 250 amp fuse?
i would just switch the one from you other amp over momentarily to check it you said you had two amps if they both use the same anl fuse just switch them other wise i would just buy a new one for $5 before paying a shop 50-100buck just for them to tell me it was a fuse.

if the fuse doesnt fix it you would only be out 5 bucks anyway

i would just switch the one from you other amp over momentarily to check it you said you had two amps if they both use the same anl fuse just switch them other wise i would just buy a new one for $5 before paying a shop 50-100buck just for them to tell me it was a fuse.
if the fuse doesnt fix it you would only be out 5 bucks anyway
yeah exactly, thier like 3 bucks shipped on ebay. im gonna just buy a pack of 5 fuses from tsunami on ebay for 10 bucks shipped, its always good to have extra

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.