Please help :(

RoYALbLUE08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NYC
well guys. i have no idea what is going on but i cannot power my subs for some reason.

all of my wires is connected correctly to my Audiocontrol LC2i (tapped front speaker wires for signal) and RCA going to highs amp and RCA going to lows amp.....

for some reason my sub amp isnt getting any signal at all. its not the amp because this is the second amp i tried (brand new)

i tried switching hte rcas and they both work for the highs amp, i also tried the sub output in the lc2i to the highs amp and it still worked so i know that output is working...

Its not the audio control unit because i also tried two seperate units (my friend has an LC6i and stilld oesntr work)

Not sure what happens but when i turn the gain up on the hifonics brz 2100 the amp goes into protect mode (while producing no sound)

Not sure what the deal is here this never happened to me before i sent my LC2i out for repair.... i never touched any wires and re-checked all the wires but still cannot get the freaking sub to work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i honestly do not know what is going on

Bad Ground? I would also check the coils on the sub? What load are you giving the amp?
doesnt matter what load im giving the amp when the speaker wires to the amp arent even connected, but to answer your question i had it wired at 1ohm and also 4 ohms and still nothing, my speaker terminals give 0 voltage with the DMM , i tried different RCA cables, Different Line out converers (audiocontrol units) different amps and nothing -_-

ground has nothing to do with that, my ground is tight and my amp is on

Is the highs amp running on the same power cable as the sub amp? Is the sub amp turning on and just not putting out? If you swapped amps the only thing I could think of is if you have a fuse inline for your power to the sub amp and maybe it blew. But this would only apply if your highs and sub amp are using different cables. Maybe your power is shorting out somewhere?

And what Trumpet said. Just check the input.

Could be your main inline stereo wire has become loose or disconnected from the terminal that holds the wire on the positive lead on the battery. I'd check the fuse. The last time my sub-woofers mysteriously stopped getting power was because of the later. You say your amp has power though... I would just disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and let the system reset. Sometimes other car related fuses get the signal crossed.

Could be your main inline stereo wire has become loose or disconnected from the terminal that holds the wire on the positive lead on the battery. I'd check the fuse. The last time my sub-woofers mysteriously stopped getting power was because of the later. You say your amp has power though... I would just disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and let the system reset. Sometimes other car related fuses get the signal crossed.
i have 2 seperate wires (one 4 gauge and one 0 gauge (for highs amp and sub amp))

if the fuse blew would my amp still turn on ? i remember before the power and ground cables touched when i was moving the box and it made a really quick little spark.

but still the amp is turning on so i dont get it?

my voltage is 14.4 volts

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

it only goes into protect when u turn up the gain? or does it go into protect as soon as it turns on
when i turn the gain all the way up it turns into protect mode (without any speaker wires pluggged in)

i have 2 seperate wires (one 4 gauge and one 0 gauge (for highs amp and sub amp))
if the fuse blew would my amp still turn on ? i remember before the power and ground cables touched when i was moving the box and it made a really quick little spark.

but still the amp is turning on so i dont get it?

my voltage is 14.4 volts

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

when i turn the gain all the way up it turns into protect mode (without any speaker wires pluggged in)
if u crossed wires on the amp u have it hooked up to u may have damaged the output boards on the amp!!! i didnt know that happened it can also be why its causing u to go into protect when u mess with the gains too much goin to the damaged board. try another amp

if u crossed wires on the amp u have it hooked up to u may have damaged the output boards on the amp!!! i didnt know that happened it can also be why its causing u to go into protect when u mess with the gains too much goin to the damaged board. try another amp
this is the second amp that i have tried bro.... this crossing just happened yesterday. i had th first amp before like 3 weeks ago i tried it and still the same thing. and also the crossing happened when it wasnt connected to the amp it was in my trunk loose before i put my box in the trunk to try and isntall it yesterday.

Is the 14.4 volts measured right at the input to the subs amp? Measure there and no where else. If you have 14.4v there and you have 2 amps doing this, then the only other thing I can think of is your remote wire. Maybe it shorted out or grounded somewhere or something. Some amps have the option to either just look for an input signal from the RCA's and turn on or it uses the remote wire. See if yours has that option and select the right option accordingly.

Is the 14.4 volts measured right at the input to the subs amp? Measure there and no where else. If you have 14.4v there and you have 2 amps doing this, then the only other thing I can think of is your remote wire. Maybe it shorted out or grounded somewhere or something. Some amps have the option to either just look for an input signal from the RCA's and turn on or it uses the remote wire. See if yours has that option and select the right option accordingly.
i measured 14.4 volts on my battery and i have a voltage meter plugged into my ciggarette lighter it says 14.3-14.4 volts

what do you mean check my voltage at the input of the subs amp? just stick the probes of the DMM to the RCA input jacks on the sub amp and see if theres any signal? how would it get signal though if there is no RCA feeding signal into the amp?

my remote is fine my amp is on, power and ground is also in properly

this is pissing me off so much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.